PDA

View Full Version : Chicken?

tkcenterline
Jun 29, 2008, 10:39 am
Found a great place to go Shaw na wa see park. Looks like a chicken and walks like a chicken----- Chicken? Found on wood Oak and Maples some Elms. Sun was shinning on this beauty

tkcenterline
Jun 29, 2008, 10:42 am
same log next to the other one. Sorry alittle out of focus. But was the same as above.

tkcenterline
Jun 29, 2008, 10:46 am
Then next to that one on the same log was two more starting. Do you think Chicken? I left them there. The way the sun ray was hitting them was to pretty of a Orange to take not knowing. They looked like gems in the woods. I can go back!! See the oak leaves.

tkcenterline
Jun 29, 2008, 11:05 am
Since my ordeal in the other woods. I have found this great state park, Very old woods and very unknown and unused. Lots of big fallen oaks and elms. Trails are way overgrown. I Had meet one hiker on the trail, in the forest and he told me that about a month ago or so, he saw tons of what I think he was discribing as MORELS. He wasnt a mushroom hunter but spent alot of time in those woods. He loved to hike in the woods and he knew the forest. So, out of some not so good stuff that happen to me a couple of days ago, comes a new good place and a nice person to talk too.

tkcenterline
Jun 29, 2008, 11:54 am
Thank you, the 1ST one and The 2nd one ( out of focus) were very soft and fresh. The 3rd of the two little ones the one on the right was fresh and the other was hard. It was a nice woods.

tkcenterline
Jun 29, 2008, 3:03 pm
I am going to go back and trim the outer soft edges for a taste. Your right after reading up on the chicken it will continue to grow if you leave some. Thanks.

tkcenterline
Jun 30, 2008, 12:15 pm
Thanks Doug. I see what you mean. The top was turning and the bottom area was fresher. It looked so neat in the woods I didnt have the heart to take it. I was walking down the path, when I saw it. I was a few 20 or 30 feet away, when the sun beam hit it just right, among the rest of the dark woods, it looked like a glowing orange/red diamond.