PDA

View Full Version : Indigo milky?


Amos
Sep 26, 2008, 4:52 pm
Does anyone know what this is?

SWMichRealtor
Sep 26, 2008, 5:10 pm
that's a cort, IMO.

See my reply in the other forum.

Ed

miker
Sep 26, 2008, 8:08 pm
Cort,mike

Amos
Sep 28, 2008, 12:54 am
Is it ediable?

Thanks

SWMichRealtor
Sep 28, 2008, 10:47 am
This from Kuo:

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/cortinarius.html

"Many Cortinarius species are poisonous, and a few are even deadly. Obviously, given the problems associated with accurate identification, you should not eat any of them, even if you have used a field guide and feel pretty sure of your identification, because "pretty sure" is about as sure as you can be--not quite enough when your life hangs in the balance."

Michael Kuo, and many of the posters on this site, have forgotten more about mushrooms than I know. I would NEVER eat a cort. It might be edible. It might make you sick. It might kill you. And, according to Kuo, you, me and even Kuo, are unable to tell which cort will kill you and which will go well in a red sauce!

Photograph it. Then pitch it. There are too many easily identifiable fall mushrooms that taste wonderful.

Ed

birrdybrad
Sep 29, 2008, 12:05 am
What Ed said... Now I'm a poet.

Brad