Michigan Morels index

Michigan Morels index (http://www.michiganmorels.com/funtalk/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (http://www.michiganmorels.com/funtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2013 Morel predictions (http://www.michiganmorels.com/funtalk/showthread.php?t=15525)

jeepfreak Sep 11, 2012 11:28 pm

2013 Morel predictions

I just thought this would be a neat subject for us to discuss. So how do you predict the 2013 morel season to turn out?

I think we will have a good season but am predicting it will be a late season because after having a warm winter, we usually have a bitter cold one.

Bachflock Sep 12, 2012 6:36 am

Re: 2013 Morel predictions

I'm going with we have another somewhat drier than average and rather cold winter this year. Morels, come spring, will do well enough, however.

Frank Sep 13, 2012 3:55 am

I predict that Morels will come up in the spring when they feel like, and as much as they feel like and we'll enjoy what we get.

I also predict that there will be many WAT's (wild arse theories) put forth before the season as it draws closer.

I predict that some folks will have GREAT success, and those with no success, will post about not believing it. LOL

I will predict that some jerks will invade various mushrooms forums on the net just to cause trouble. That is their source of entertainment as they seem to be clueless as to proper and polite communication between real people.

In other words, this next season will just like all the others. We won't know until we walk the woods and get lost. LOL

But it will still be a good year to enjoy! :thumbup:

Justapickin Sep 13, 2012 6:43 am

I predict that Frank is right... :)

Bachflock Sep 13, 2012 7:30 am

Well stated Frank. :roflmao:

jeepfreak Sep 13, 2012 11:05 am

For sure Frank, especially the forum invaders lol.

chigger Sep 13, 2012 10:05 pm

Sound like Frank has been in this business for awhile doesn't it?

The only thing I'm confident enough to predict is that my husband will ask me several times "when are we going up North?" even though we always go the same time every spring.

jeepfreak Sep 14, 2012 7:51 am

Yeah, we all are allowed our issues once in a while :)

I think I would have better luck if I just stayed out in the woods and watched them grow so I knew when they were popping up LOL!

Jochs Sep 17, 2012 12:31 am

This summer was a lot like 1988, only hotter. Does anyone remember what 1989 was like in the spring?

Too early to predict IMHO...however, as the winter progresses we may be able to anticipate the season.
Some of the best morel seasons in my experience have occurred during cool wet springs, which had a late season (late April) snowfall. The previous winter had a lot of snow, like 1986. (I remember being off school for a week because of the snow the time the Bears won the Superbowl...and I believe that was the spring I found the most I have ever found.) The US also was in the grip of a cold snap in Jan of 1986, when we lost the Space Shuttle Challenger.

jeepfreak Sep 18, 2012 7:45 pm

That's is why I put this on here.......so maybe it will give us something to talk abotu the rest of the year..........about next season lol.......jsut for fun :)