Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Cook, garden & preserve > RECIPES Amazing Ramp Pesto
RECIPES Welcome to our kitchen!

Old May 15, 2014, 12:17 am   #1
ShLUbY
Name: Blake
Southern, Michigan USA

Amazing Ramp Pesto

Followed the advice of Mushroom Jack in a previous post to make some ramp pesto... so i did... AMAZING!

2 cups packed ramp tops
1/2 cup EVOO
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp salt

place ramp tops and garlic into food processor and chop up, then add 1/4 cup of the EVOO, and 1 tsp salt. Blend to desired consistency (i pulverize it pretty good). Remove from food processor, place in a bowl and stir in the remaining EVOO and all the parmesan cheese. if youre pesto looks too oily, add more processed ramp tops, if it is too thick and stiff, stir in more oil! ready to use as pesto for any recipe.

I like to make a quick cream sauce with it. place 1/4-1/2 stick of butter + 1/2-3/4 cup of half and half or heavy whip in a saucepan. When butter melts and the cream is first showing signs of simmering add pesto to desired amount... i like a lot! you do not want to cook the pesto in the sauce more than 30-45 seconds if possible or you will kill the flavor. Stir/fold sauce so that it is evenly mixed and remove from heat and add your cooked pasta to the sauce! mix well to coat every last noodle and serve with fresh parm grated on top, and some sauteed morels (or any shroom you like) if you're feeling saucy!