Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion Mushroom Seller Certification Classes
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:33 am   #31
thewilliams'
Name: Chris
Northern, Michigan USA
Alpena

Re: Mushroom Seller Certification Classes

Took the TC course yesterday and was quite impressed. Great speakers, good content and even some very decent food. Fortunately I was able to pass fairly easily, but by the looks of things I was in the minority. I was actually kind of surprised how unprepared some people seemed, for investing that kind of money anyway. If you are taking it in Marquette, I would reiterate what Morchella said: study the website!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:39 am   #32
morchella
Name: Rima
Central, Michigan USA
Grand Rapids

Wasn't the lunch great!? I was expecting a box lunch. (sorry, but I get very excited about a great meal). Glad my info helped you and congrats on passing. There is an article about the course on MLive.

Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads. Henry David Thoreau
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:35 pm   #33
CaptainJack
Name: Andrew
Northern, Michigan USA
Petoskey

I was at the TC class, too. It was very nice; the herbarium specimens were past their prime to say the least. But it was put together well, if hastily. I passed with three wrong on the test (I'm kicking myself; they were dumb mistakes . . .). I was the young guy with the long hair, grey sweater. Who were you? It's always nice to put a face to an online shroomer.

Andrew
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:11 pm   #34
thewilliams'
Name: Chris
Northern, Michigan USA
Alpena

Hey Andrew, I was the fellow with the baseball cap and argyle sweater, old style red wool hunting jacket... There is a picture of me here at the bottom: http://www.michiganmushrooms.net/#!about/czpl
I was with the fine looking young lady at the top of the page toward the end of the class...

I feel bad for not mingling more. I guess I had no reason to be nervous, since I only got two wrong myself(also stupid mistakes), but it had been a long time since I've taken any sort of test so I was kind of in my own head.