Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Share your Photo's here > Morel & false morel photo's Saturday harvest, Barry County
Morel & false morel photo's Morels or False Morels photo's only.

Old May 20, 2015, 12:59 pm   #21
Kip
Name: Kip
Southern, Michigan USA

Re: Saturday harvest, Barry County

I've had years of 2000 morels
This year 35
Is the season done in central mi?
Old May 20, 2015, 3:44 pm   #22
ShLUbY
Name: Blake
Southern, Michigan USA

Kip, it's probably not that far away from being done but you should still be finding them.
Old May 20, 2015, 4:33 pm   #23
bwhetzel
Name: Brad
Northern, Indiana USA

We just found a bunch of fresh yellows in northern indiana on the 16th so i would say they should still have a week or so of life left in them up that far north...
Old May 31, 2015, 11:02 am   #24
hawkguy
Name: Jordan
Southern, Michigan USA

.:
Originally Posted by odic View Post
Hi. Nice Haul! This was my first year hunting. I found 1 in my yard on Thursday here in Hastings while mowing the grass and got motivated. I just got back today on Saturday from about 7 hours of plodding through the woods trying to eyeball some morels and am discouraged. I used my GPS to find last years 400+ acre DNR control burn zone in Yankee Springs area on the advise of their site...
http://www.midnr.com/Publications/pd...ce=govdelivery

My question is this....where are they? Haha! of course that's my question right! Lol No, I understand everyone has their secrets, but I would like to know how long you guys typically look before finding some? I'm wondering if I need to turn some leaves or what? I've been looking on the northern slopes among the tree fall branches and rotting stumps. Any advise for this area?
Todd- I also hunt Barry Co, and for what it's worth, I've never found morels around the Yankee Springs controlled burn sites. I've heard people have good luck with burn sites out west, but for some reason burn sites don't equal mushrooms in Yankee Springs.

Don't give up though, Yankee is one of the best spots in the area for mushrooms, you just got to know where to go and be willing to go far off the beaten trails ;)
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:51 pm   #25
MrJosePetes
Name: Josh
Central, Michigan USA
Genesee County

Just now seeing this, but I definitely find these up north around ash. Not a ton, but some. Typically not where I hunt in NE LP, just on the NW side of the mitten.

Josh