Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Share your Photo's here > Morel & false morel photo's False morel
Morel & false morel photo's Morels or False Morels photo's only.

Old May 11, 2016, 9:57 pm   #11
tkcenterline
Name: Ted
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Re: False morel

I cant agree more. Plastic bags are everywhere. I hate the new way. Just go down any road and look. PlastIc! PlastIc! and more Plastic! So please wake up American people. Stop it now. Use reusable shopping bags.

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted
Old May 11, 2016, 11:45 pm   #12
Jochs
Name: Jeff
Southern, Michigan USA
Benton Harbor

Speaking of bags, if you happen to be by the Welcome Center by Clare, near where US 127 and US 10 come together, they have mesh bags available with a Cadillac Morel Hunting brochure inside.

And I break off morels with my thumbnail when I pick them. If they are too old, you can't do that because the morel stems become crumbly as they age.

Jeff O.
Old May 14, 2016, 10:51 pm   #13
Watchmen
Name: Dana
Northern, Michigan USA
Alpena

Um hmmm... I'm new to this. I had no idea, last year, that it mattered to pinch em and not pull em. Oops. Maybe that's why I can't find any out by my apples this year... :/ Well at least I DONT leave trash in the woods. In fact I pick up other people's trash most any time I'm out. I usually carry a baby on my back and have the two yr old or four yr old by the hand or nearby. Sometimes I do walk past the trash. And I feel awful that I'm not seeing any mushrooms out there; I'm convinced I'm killing a bunch of baby mushrooms I cannot yet see. And I am very keen now to check out this false morel deal. Cuz that pic looks exactly like what I thought a black morel looked like. Uh oh. Good thing I drink Kombucha. And Gma is eating mold all the time on her food which she doesn't even see. Ok let's see some more pics, peeps! Jk ill go do my research. Give my leather a rest and work the thumbs.
Old May 14, 2016, 11:47 pm   #14
bbrue
Name: Branden
Northern, Ohio USA

That's a pet peeve of mine I always carry extra mesh bags in my truck,never know when the opportunity to get to the woods can present itself. Also there is just to much inaccurate info to just pull I admit I never use a knife or scissors, I prefer the pinch method myself. While I'm bent down pinching which takes longer than cutting, I can look for more !!