Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Learning Center > Identification Help Mushroom Photo's First blewits?
Identification Help Mushroom Photo's Not sure what mushroom it is? Post it here.

Old Oct 11, 2016, 5:25 pm   #1
chuckin
Name: chuck
Central, Michigan USA
sanilac

First blewits?

I believe I have found my first blewits. Spore print underway... anybody want to chime in yes or no? Found under white pine. I will post spore print when it's ready...
Attached Thumbnails - Click for larger view
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161011_160132.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	10701   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161011_154838.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	10702  
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:32 am   #2
bluefinn
Enhanced Membership
Name: Rick
Northern, Ohio usa

Re: First blewits?

Sure looks like them. My daughter picked a bunch the other day. Got the buff-pink spore print. Hope yours come out the same.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:35 am   #3
chuckin
Central, Michigan USA
sanilac

Well, sorry about the poor picture. I considered doing this print on black paper, but I guess I was more concerned about being able to see the wrong color. (Brown/rust) I don't know about buff, and to me, I don't really see pink either. But my eyes aren't what they used to be. I would best describe this print as cream colored. I am very confident with my ID that these are indeed blewits. I would love some more input, as this is my first go around with these.
Attached Thumbnails - Click for larger view
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161012_081900.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	10705  
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:04 am   #4
bluefinn
Enhanced Membership
Name: Rick
Northern, Ohio usa

She did her prints on black & white paper. Buff is a light beige. The ones on her white was beige & the ones on the black were cream. In my opinion you have blewits. A very meaty mushroom. If I can figure out how to post pics of her prints I will.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:33 am   #5
chuckin
Central, Michigan USA
sanilac

Yeah thanks Rick I agree. Cream/light beige indeed. Also, I was fortunate enough yesterday to find a few corts on my way back from picking honeys. I was bent over inspecting a bolete when they caught my eye. I was sure I had found more blewits at first. I will say this, of all the mushrooms I harvest so far, this is the closest look alike I've encountered yet. They are very similar. This is my first year on honeys too, and I also inspected some deadly galerina yesterday. All the books and online pics and descriptions are great. But nothing beats first hand knowledge! It's so beneficial to know the fakes as well as the real deal. I can't wait to try the blewits, they smell crazy delicious!