Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion Wolf - Cats - Bears Stories told Hear!!
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Jun 27, 2008, 1:54 pm   #11
Rustydel2
Name: Del
Southern, Michigan usa
Jackson

lmao- way to go jon-Del
Old Jul 25, 2008, 8:22 am   #12
Happy Trails
Name: George
Southern, Michigan USA

Re: Wolf - Cats - Bears Stories told Hear!!

U had me going there dave.

HT

Eat Dessert First, Life Is Short!
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:01 pm   #13
Rustydel2
Southern, Michigan usa
Jackson

Late october 1987, bow hunting my friends 120 acre farm. He had most of it planted in corn, so I set up in the tree line on the edge of a 60 acre field to hunt . I Had seen many deer the first 3 weeks of season ,so was getting excited by the up coming rut. I hunted to dark ,but only saw a few small does , but no bucks .
So I called it a nite and got down from my ladder stand and headed for the car.I was about 150 yds from my stand ,walking the edge of the corn field when the hair on the back of my neck stood straight up, I froze for a second, then turned around.There straight out in the corn field about 50yds from my stand was a huge round light,( like a huge spot light ) shining directly at the top of my ladder stand. I listened, no sound at all , the light looked to be 10-15ft in the air over the corn. I watched and listened for about 2-3 min. Then all of a sudden the light started moving at a high rate of speed making no sound at all,straight out into the corn field. All of a sudden, half the way into the field it disappered. Man he must of distroyed a lot of corn I thought , so I continued to the car parked at my friends house, put my bow away, then knocked on my friends door. I told him what I had seen, and he was quite angry about some one distroying his corn, he said to come back in the morning when it was light and we would check out the damage. Next day we went out to my stand,and you know what? Not a track any place ,no truck or human tracks ,no corn knocked down any place in the field -nothing, was teased by my friend for many years until he sold his land , but this did happen , what was it? Del
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:49 pm   #14
tkcenterline
Name: Ted
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Rusty, I guess you can say you seen the LIGHT!!! Not to take it lightly, My wife saw almost the samething, once at night, when we where camping many years ago in Minnesota. She claimed a light came down from the top of the tree line, hovered about 10 feet above the ground and about 25 yards right in front of her. She stop in her path to look at it. Then it came straight at her and when right over her forehead zoooommm and it was gone. When she got back to our tent, we all laughted at her too. We told her it was a flash light, car light or northern lights. But to this day she claims that it wasn't any of those things. So who knows what she seen???
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:26 pm   #15
Rustydel2
Southern, Michigan usa
Jackson

Unhappy Re: Wolf - Cats - Bears Stories told Hear!!

I sure do remember, they had a tv show about it. I guess two brothers killed them, cut them up and put them thru a shedder, them fed them to their pigs.
A bad way to go. Del
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:49 pm   #16
Crazy Dave
Name: Dave
Southern, Michigan USA
Buchanan

This is a good thread, I think I will revive it.

I was up North in Canada and needed to go out one night for a smoke. After repeatedly being told to take a rifle, I declined. I get across this field and into the woods away's when I heard what sounded like a truck with no motor coming through the woods at me. Fight or flight mode was gone. I felt around until i found a large tree, crouched down beside it and tried not to breath, move, smell, or exist. Whatever it was wandered around me for a minute breaking branches then went on about it's night. I waited a few minutes in non-existent mode then high tailed it back to the cabin. Panting, I told my story to a laughing crowd. "We TOLD you to take the rifle" and "Probably just a moose" we're top comments. I did not go back out without the 7MM day or night.