Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion Snapping Turtles
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:08 pm   #1
miker
Enhanced Membership
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Jon, observing wildlife in its natural state is always cool, be it the cycle of reproduction or the struggle between prey and predator, its all fascinating to me also, people think I'm nuts when I speak of these observations, like "why would anyone want to watch that stuff", but being an outdoorsman, that is what the outdoors is about observing nature in all aspects of its behaviour, even if its just a tree swaying in the wind, minnows working against a creeks current, birds singing in the forest, as John Muir once said, "I find no greater satisfaction in life, than to sit on a hilltop and watch the shade of a cloud change the vista below it", mike

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:47 am   #2
Landuser
Name: Sam
Central, Michigan USA
somewhere LP

Nicely put Miker. I agree 100%. There is nothing better then watching nature take it's course. I too often get burned out in the asphault jungle and need to hit the woods for relief. All that is needed in the woods is time and patience. Then soon you will hear/see a variety of wild life.
SAM
Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:42 pm   #3
miker
Enhanced Membership
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

SAM, I am one who hates the city, I go their get done, what needs to be done, and get out of it, as you state, all I need is a walk in the woods and I feel relaxed and forget about my worries and troubles, sorta like sitting in a boat and bobber fishing, don't really care if anything hits it, just the relaxation it provides, but of course some fish do make it better,mike

I've been accused of the things, I've said