Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Cook, garden & preserve > RECIPES Chicken omelet
RECIPES Welcome to our kitchen!

Old Sep 17, 2005, 12:38 pm   #1
steo
Name: Dave
Southern, Ohio usa

Chicken omelet

I had some chicken of the woods left over that I fried last night so I diced it up, peppers, onions, garlic, sausage, tomatoes-cooked in the microwave on a paper plate with paper towel to absorb some juice and cheese with two free range eggs. First cook the crumbled sausage then the peppers and onions. Put all that with the tomatoes that have been heated. You can just keep it in the microwave to stay warm. Scramble up the eggs and start them frying. I like to keep a lid on the eggs then flip them, put all the precooked ingredients and cheese on half of the eggs. Then I add a teaspoon of water around the edges and put the lid back on to quickly steam. Turn off the heat and wait a minute. Fold it over and slide out onto a dish preferably not a paper plate. Salt and pepper. Grab a glass of juice or milk. Serve with toast or english muffin.

Tags
breakfast, chicken of the woods, laetiporus sulphureus