Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Tammy and Jeff....

Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:54 am   #11
Tammy
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

Thanks, all of you, for your prayers...it really means a lot at this point.

Wish I could post some good news this morning, but Mom had another stroke in the last few days, and although she seemed to be coming back yesterday morning, shes now has developed pneumonia. Tough decisions ahead of us, and a long, hard fight for her. Just don't know how much more she can take.

We're just praying for God's will, whatever that may be, and that she doesn't suffer.

Thanks, again...

Tam and Jeff

Life is good!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 6:39 am   #12
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Tammy, You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I never know how to type out what I want to say. Just that I am praying for her. God's will be done and that He will see you all through this.

Debbie
Old Nov 7, 2005, 1:23 pm   #13
morelmaniac
Name: Gina
Northern, Indiana USA

Tammy & Jeff,
Just wanted to let you know I am keeping your mom in my prayers. God will make it easier for all of you if you remember to lean on him. I pray that your mothers road to recovery is done in God's way. Remember...God is Goood...All the Time. He will see us through even when we feel there is no other way.
Your Friend,
Regina-MM
Old Nov 16, 2005, 10:53 am   #14
Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

Hey there...just thought I'd update you all, and thank you again for all of your prayers. I know we haven't been on the board much in the last several months, but that's part of the beauty of this 'family'...lost sheep are never forgotten, and are never far from our thoughts...

It's been a long three weeks, but Mom is in Fremont now. She was released from Spectrum, and is now in the Newaygo Medical Care Facility for rehabilitation. The doctors can't tell us how far Mom will come back, but she's surprised them so far...they didn't expect her to ever leave the hospital, so her stubborness has been a big plus! She's medically stable, so that's a good thing!

They put in a feeding tube (through her stomach and into her intestine) last week while she was in the hospital, because she's not able to chew food or swallow more than small sips of water or applesauce for now. She doesn't have bowel or bladder control yet, so they still have her cath. in. Hopefully neither of these will be permanent.

She moves her right arm all the time and is getting better control of it every day, but the left arm is further behind. She can grab your fingers with the left hand, and moves it once in a while, so hopefully that'll come back with therapy. She's been able to move her right leg since the end of last week, and has started moving her left leg...again, her stubborness is helping a lot, because the doctors didn't expect much from her left side because of the damage in the brain.

She's talking more and more all the time, although when she's tired, she has a really hard time figuring out who we are. But...when Mom is wide awake...she's MOM! She makes typical remarks for her, letting us know that her attitude is intact...last night the nurse was looking at all of the family pictures we have on the wall and she told the nurse she should've drowned us all as pups. Is that Mom, or what?? She's also called us each a 'smart ass' at some point, so you know she's in there!! You can almost tell by looking in her eyes when she's 'there' and when she's not. She's trying really hard to rewire that ole brain hers, tho...

Mom is getting physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy every day, so they're working her pretty hard, which is good. They've likened her to a newborn...she has to learn how to do everything again. She's got such a long way to go to 'come back', but she makes progress every day. They aren't giving us a lot of hope that she'll ever live on her own again, but then again, she's surprised them all with how far she's already come. So, we're still hoping...

I want to let you all know how much your prayers, concern, and good thoughts have meant to all of us. We're all so thankful for each one of you, and we know that Mom is, too.

Keep her in your prayers...now it's up to God and Mom. (But then, if you asked Mom, she'd say she was in charge, of course!)

Thanks, again...we love you all...

Tam, Jeff, and the rest of the Hanna Clan

Life is good!
Old Nov 16, 2005, 1:15 pm   #15
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Thanks for the update on your Mom, Tammy. Glad to hear that she has improved and still improving day to day. Many of us here have gone through this, or similier things, so we know some of the difficulties you are dealing with.

Our prayers are continuing.

Frank
Old Nov 18, 2005, 6:09 am   #16
Debbie
Hostess
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Tammy, its good to hear there is some forward progress with your Mom. We will be happy to keep you all in prayers for her continued healthy return. The recovery after a stroke is sure hard, but we know your Mom has to be tough and a fighter. (I mean, after all, look at her daughter!) Give her our regards please.

Debbie

Happy Morel Dreams!
Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:03 pm   #17
morelmaniac
Name: Gina
Northern, Indiana USA

glad to hear she is getting along better! I will keep your family in our prayers.
MM
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:14 pm   #18
Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

Thanks again, everyone, for all of your prayers. They're working!! Mom is making remarkable progress, and blowing the minds of her doctors and therapists.

She's talking well, with her attitude totally intact (yikes! ), although she doesn't always make a lot of sense, or have timelines down yet. (Yep, Debbie...I kinda get my attitude from her!) She's also advanced to eating soft foods, but they won't take the feeding tube out until she's eating really well all the time. They also had her standing up to a walker!! This is so much more than the doctors ever gave us hope for!! They still don't have any idea exactly how far she'll come back, but even if it's no more than this, we'll take it!!

They say that there's always a positive in a negative situation, and our family has found the positive...in the every comings and goings, we've tended to not get together as often as we should, and had taken our huge family for granted. Well, not any more...this has snapped us back to the reality that family has to be a priority...we have so many traditions and memories to hand down to the 22 grandkids and 7 (so far) great grandkids.

God has been very good to us, and He alone deserves all the credit!

Love you all...

Life is good!
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:34 pm   #19
GammaDee
Enhanced Membership
Name: Donna
Central, Michigan USA
Saginaw Co.

Tammy, so happy with the progress your Mother is making.
I know what it means to family to see healing in progress.
We will keep praying for her and your family.

Donna
Old Nov 29, 2005, 6:35 pm   #20
Debbie
Hostess
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Great news for sure Tammy, will keep praying for her and all of you. Take good care of her and give her a hug from us all.

Debbie

Happy Morel Dreams!