Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Remember GammaDee today

Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:05 pm   #11
Tammy
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

Prayers definitely with you and yours, Dee.

Take the doc's advice, and let people wait on YOU for a while!!

Sure hope the bugs gone for the Christmas holidays...we all tend to burn the candle at both ends during this time of year!

Life is good!
Old Nov 29, 2005, 6:34 pm   #12
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

I hear you said you are already starting to feel better and thats great, BUT you had BETTER take it easy until you are fully recovered. You could go into a very serious relapse if you don't use caution Donna. Keeping you in my prayers.

Debbie

Happy Morel Dreams!
Old Dec 8, 2005, 4:31 am   #13
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

moved from a thread in Open discussion into this thread

You may be wondering why I made 8 lbs of meatloaf for just Deb and I. LOL
Well, I'm taking most of it over to my sister Donna's for them to use.

She went to the hospital again the other day. Pneumonia is under control now, but she still had so much swelling and pain in her legs that she had to use a wheel chair. They thought it may be blood clots, but it turned out to be cellulitis.
No, not the cottage cheese leg/rump stuff.

But if it was, and if she did, and if i knew, I'm sure she wouldn't want me to advertise it. LOL
.:
Cellulitis is an infection of the skin and underlying tissues that can affect any area of the body. Not to be confused with cellulite - the cottage-cheese-like, lumpy fat often found on the hips, thighs, and buttocks.
This can be serious, as her was. Gave her new prescription and it seems to be helping a lot.

But I thought maybe if I took enough food over for a few meals like meatloaf, cooked chicken and stock, and etc. it would keep her off her legs a few more hours.
When you are hurting as bad as she is, you need all the help you can get.

It might not be Good Eatin', but it will suffice to make it easier to make dinners.
Like in that movie. "You can live on it, but it taste like Chit! LOL

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Dec 8, 2005, 4:56 am   #14
miker
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Good Idea Frank, helpin out your sister in times of need, shows your dedication to family, which is something that alot of people in this great land need to understand and go back to, that career and accomplishments come from those before in the family, that taught us wrong from right, and saved our little azzes when we were small and unable to care for ourselves, seems funny how many people in this day and age forget that. Anymore it's about the "I did this and that to accomplish my career", and all family values are forgotten with that statement, as the past is not present in their eyes anymore, except when life comes crashing down before their eyes at a funeral, and the memories come flooding back, about the help and love that is there no more, and they now only appreciate it more, when it was their's for their taking and giving and they didn't have the time for it, good night all, mike

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old Dec 8, 2005, 5:03 am   #15
Frank
Host
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Well stated Mike. I was talking to someone the other day about this.
We couldn't understand how some families couldn't set aside even minor differences let alone major ones, to come together in times of need.

Our family often have tifts between us, but when push comes to shove, we stand together, and do what's needed for the good of all.

Ya know what? I'm proud of my family.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Dec 12, 2005, 2:12 am   #16
Frank
Host
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

UPDATE:
I went over to visit Donna and Mom yesterday (Saturday) and Dee is doing a bit better. Pneunomia seems to be under control now.
And not in a wheel chair, using a walker, or even her cane now from the celluitis.

She "SHOULD" use her cane, but she's stubborn. So to mantain her indepent attitude, she hangs onto furniture to walk about. So in her mind she feeling really good. After all .... Look! She's not using a cane. LOL

Anyway it looks like she is on the mend, slowly but surely, but any prayers are still welcomed.

And thank you all for those already offered for Dee, as well as everyone else who has requested prayer. We all appreciate and value your thoughtfulness and prayers.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 3:37 am   #17
shroom vaccuum
Name: Sue
Northern, Michigan usa
rc

Prayers are always forthcomming on this board. Spoken or not.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:41 pm   #18
morelmaniac
Name: Gina
Northern, Indiana USA

I will keep her in my prayers through the holiday and everday. May God bless your sister and keep her strong.
MM