Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Prayer Request for a member

Old Jan 31, 2006, 4:10 am   #1
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Prayer Request for a member

Below is an edited version of an email I've recieved the other day.
Been debating with myself whether or not to post it, but I've decided he needs more prayers than just Deb and mine, and felt led to post this.
I removed all names, places and etc. as he didn't want to post this information himself.

So often we all feel this way. Don't want to ask for help ourselves.

Please my friends, feel free to ask for prayer help.
That is what this forum is about.
No one will think less of you, and you'll get "many more prayers"
by posting your needs.

Anyway, here is my request of prayer for one of our active members in need, and a general version of his email to me.
---------------------------------------------------

Frank,

I've felt led to e-mail this request for the past 2 1/2 years, but didn't feel comfortable posting it on the board for everyone to see. However, I'd really appreciate it if you and your wife would pray as you feel led.

Over the past three mushrooming seasons I've had plenty of time to search for them because I am disabled. I'm a pastor from ***, but 3 years ago this coming Tuesday I was in a serious auto accident and received severe brain damage over a majority of my brain. Both my frontal lobes, the temporal lobe, and the parietal lobe were inured (maybe also the occipital, though, I'm not sure about that.)

Anyway, I have several issues as a result of it including impulse controll, anger management (I NEVER lost it before the accident,) memory, inability to think multidimensionally yet, and most seriously, I have no ablility to deal with any kind of stress. You can't be a pastor and not deal with stress!

I would appreciate your prayers for healing for me and strength for my wife and three kids as they have to cope and deal with me.

Also, over the last two years, my wife and I have felt led to begin a Retreat Center for pastors. Our vision is to provide a place for pastors, missionaries, and their families to come and stay at no cost to themselves to recover from burn-out, for retreat, for furlough or sabbatical, or just to vacation. However, we have no funding to cover expenses yet and are looking for someone to donate property for this ministry. We have a cabin in *** which we want to update with well and septic and use for this, but are waiting for God to supply the money for it.

I would appreciate it if you would lift this whole situation before the Lord for us. We desire 1) God's full healing, 2) God's provision for my family while I'm disabled, 3) God's anwers for the needs of the retreat -- operational expenses, land, and updates.

Thanks so much for your prayers!
--------------------------------------------

Even tho he wishes to remain anonymous, I felt that I should post this.

Frank
Old Jan 31, 2006, 2:48 pm   #2
gab
Name: greg
Northern, Michigan USA
parts north

Will be lifting this couple and these issues in our prayers.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:43 am   #3
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Thank you Greg and Tom. This gentleman really needs our prayers. Being a hunble sort, he didn't feel comportable posting for himself. He didn't ask me to post either, but I felt I should.

Thanks for your prayers. He's suffred a long time before even emailing me.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Feb 6, 2006, 5:22 am   #4
shroom vaccuum
Name: Sue
Northern, Michigan usa
rc

So many tasks are putupon these people. They seem to live their lives through us. Sometimes I trhink I need a refuge. Posts like this make me feel inferior. Their lives are so involved with so many, they really need to take a rest. they do such an awesome jub of taking care and being involved in our lives. I wish them the best and pray that they find a place of rest.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:01 am   #5
lindamay
Name: linda
Southern, Indiana USA

Prayers to the family and all that they want to get done others
Lindamay