Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > What a Joke! Friendship Morel Casserole
What a Joke! Post are moderated. Please keep it family clean.

Old Apr 20, 2007, 5:17 pm   #1
BikerDude
Enhanced Membership
Name: Jim
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Friendship Morel Casserole

My Updated "Friendship Morel Casserole" recipe.
Pass it around.

++++++++++++++++
My Special Morel Recipe

AKA "friendship Morel casserole"

Start with enough dried morel mushrooms to make a thick layer in a 9 in. foil pie pan.

Place pan carefully on garage floor beneath your motorcyle engine (a small car, lawn tractor, or any other oil leaking engine can be substituted if needed).

Leave there from approximately Halloween, (or end of seasonal use for engine) until around Valentine's Day.
(This is what morel lovers call 'marinating'.) By this time the mushooms should be softened and colored the way afficianados can really appreciate them.

The next step is critical to developing the full flavors that appeal to morel eaters palates. (It's my secret ingredient- just as morel hunters won't fully disclose locations mushrooms are picked, this must be closely guarded.)

After Feb. 14, carefully seal entire pie plate and all ingredients, (with any luck your plate will have attracted a few ants, spiders, earwigs, etc. these add valuble proteins to this delightful dish) in your foodsaver vacuum sealer.
Mail to a relative or friend in the southern states, at least as far south as North Carolina-- anywhere tabacco chewing is common place, and most of the population has 3 or more front teeth missing, and the rest are brown. (The proper region can be identified if the locals believe that all evils originate with either Yankees, Republicans or fundamentalists Christians.)

Have said friend or relative place plate with morel mixture on the front porch along-side the old appliances. Make sure it can be hit from any portion of the porch with a good stream of chew-juice, instructing them to add to the recipe often, stirring occaisionally. Leave there until Memorial Day. (Don't worry if the mountain-cur-blue-tick coon hounds taste it, or relieve themselves in it. They won't do it twice. After all, they have a good nose.)

On Memorial Day have the plate shipped back to you in the same manner you shipped it south. (thus the "friendship-style recipe")

Carefully seal top with a double layer of aluminum foil, being sure to crimp edges to seal in all juices and ingredients.

Place the pan right in the “hot box oven” of a Orange 18 wheeler, AKA as a Punkin’ head’s truck.
Leave there for 12-14 hours, or until driver recognizes a familiar aroma emminating from under his seat.
(unless he has eaten at an all- you-can-eat Truck stop Buffett) at which case the aroma may not be noticed for a few more hours.

No eating untensils should be neccesary, as Punkin’ Head truckers are known to be inventive when it comes to morel mushooms, etc. Your Punkin’ Head trucker will thank you for a gift that "tastes just like his own home-cookin'!"

Note: Fig newtons are suggested as an accompanying side-dish.

Also make sure your trucker can easily Differenciate between Men’s & Ladies truck stop restrooms, as he may need to locate one in a bit of a rush.

BikerDude.

Be Yourself. (Everyone else is taken!)
Old Apr 21, 2007, 1:21 am   #2
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

OOoooooo!

You have W-A-A-A-Y too much time on your hands Lil' Bro' .

You always crack me up Jim. This one's a keeper for sure!

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Apr 21, 2007, 8:33 pm   #3
Judy
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

I'm laughing out loud. That was a good one Biker Dude. Better check under your seat daily Frank. LOL Judy
PS Brotherly Love
Old Apr 21, 2007, 9:23 pm   #4
Ohio Transplant
Name: Rex
Southern, Ontario CA

LOL!!!!!! Now THAT was some serious writing there!
Frank? how come you haven't shared this recipe before?!?!
Old Apr 22, 2007, 1:17 am   #5
shroom vaccuum
Name: Sue
Northern, Michigan usa
rc

Words escape me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 22, 2007, 9:59 pm   #6
shroomer71
Name: Carla
Central, Michigan usa

LOL! now that sounds just yummy!!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about dancing in the rain...
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:12 am   #7
shroonthumper
Name: victor
Southern, Michigan USA
montgomery

Icon16 Re: Friendship Morel Casserole

PROOF Morels can taste great no matter how you prepare them. You had my mouth watering as soon as you mentioned morel. And wow i was thinking fig newtons the whole time. Now serve it with some moosehead beer and blind robins and it will become a real freindship recipe for the whole county to savor.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:21 am   #8
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Re: Friendship Morel Casserole

Victor, bikerdude is the same brother you recommended for me to dis-own in another thread for his turpentine and rubber tire comment. LOL

I used to drive semi's for SNI (Those orange trucks you see everywhere) and we were often referred to a pumpkin heads or drivers because of the color.
Our operating centers were called pumpkin Patches, cause you saw nothing but orange trucks sitting there.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:11 pm   #9
shrooming girl
Name: earlean
Southern, Michigan USA

Re: Friendship Morel Casserole

I just gotta love Brotherly love. Its the best.........