Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Cook, garden & preserve > GARDENING + info & links Give us your garden reports
GARDENING + info & links Grab an hoe and start digging for info.

Old Sep 18, 2010, 2:31 am   #11
shroonthumper
Name: victor
Southern, Michigan USA
montgomery

Re: Give us your garden reports

To frank next year try a plot garden very easy to do. make you plots out of anything you can think of. arrange in a nice pattern and fill with dirt. I get my dirt from the town compost site it's free and pretty much weed seed free. no tilling, very little weeding, and holds moisture well after watering in the dry periods of the summer. I will try and post some pics of mine when i get the chance. i used lumber from scrap oak pallets perfect 4by4 square 16 square foot of plant space each. pine needles put down between them made a very nice way to walk around. And to Barb Strawberry ruhbarb Wine......And me a non drinking man gosh darn it.

"THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP AND I HAVE MANY MORELS TO FIND BEFORE I SLEEP" .............