Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Well... this is a tough one for me...

Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:48 am   #11
Deanna
Family member
Name: Deanna
Central, Michigan USA

Re: Well... this is a tough one for me...

Will keep you all in my prayers!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:08 pm   #12
Bachflock
Name: Vance
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

Continued thanks for the kind words. Yes, I know I need to reachout to someone. I just need to do it.

Yesterday was a rough day. We had made the decision to adapt out or dog, best dog I'd ever owned but she wasn't getting walked and was locked up for hours, and I mean HOURS, at a time. Sweetest dog. Submissive, never barked, etc. My kids and I drove her to the local Humane Society (after calling them) knowing they would help her find the right home. Sucks. My 11 yo wept which inturn made me cry so we stood there in the parking lot... etc. You get the picture. My poor 9 yo was beside himself, being the young "man" he is. That poor pup will get snapped up quick and I'm glad for it. She needs a family that can spend time with her.

Then I came home and started to go over finances only to realize we're upside down. Not dangerously but enough its going to take some work to get righted again. I am a money worrier... anyone else relate? LOL

So, I do appreciate the continued prayers and encouragement. It does help...

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 2:28 pm   #13
Bachflock
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

...update...

Had another good talk yesterday. Good in the context we're communicating and honesty seems to be there. None the less she's all but made up her mind... and it is to end the marriage. There is a thread of hope in that her mind isn't completely made up but I sense its one of those things, when you've got a major decision to make, you know the answer but just need to let it settle a little before knowing your mind is made up.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Thanks again...

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:57 am   #14
Bachflock
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

Short update -

she told me last night she's certain on divorce. So, time to start getting paperwork together. She also said she's moving out as son as she can get into an apartment she owns.

I appreciate the continued prayers...

vjs
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:26 am   #15
tom.c
Name: tom
Southern, Ohio usa

got ya covered here vance.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:45 pm   #16
beastybird
Name: Mary
Southern, Wisconsin usa
milwaukee

Hang in there Vance
Old Jul 31, 2010, 1:57 pm   #17
MisterNatural
Name: Roosevelt
Southern, Michigan USA

I just read this and hope things work out for the best Vance.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:49 pm   #18
Bachflock
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

Wow... July 13st was my last update? So much has changed...

Ok... Dec 1st it is. That makes 48 days until everything is final and I'm doing just fine. Those first few months I was flat out lost in many ways. However, I've turned not just one corner, but several. I'm a new person and looking forward to seeing whom I am becoming. She and I are still getting along just fine and I've come to realize this has actually started to become a good thing for her/I (if that makes sense). The kids live with me and she has unrestricted access to them, just give me a phone call and they're yours to take. Its working out. Still some ups/downs but isn't that everyday life anyway? I've had some friends here really step up - here as in HERE as well as locally. A lot of encouragment. Taking a week off for the first week of deer hunting was the last turning point. It was the first break-break I've taken since all this started back in June and I was really feeling it. I'm feeling pretty good. The kids are adjusting well. We put up the Christmas tree yesteday and there were a few awkward moments - kids' mom had made Christmas ornaments since we were married and had put all our names on it (since 1989) and I had to explain why I didn't really want them on the tree. I let them know I had no problem with them hanging them up in their rooms, etc. They seemed to understand and moved on.

So, yeah, I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. Still some things to work through but like I said, isn't that life anway?! Thanks again for all the support.

Vance

vjs
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:01 pm   #19
tom.c
Name: tom
Southern, Ohio usa

good to hear you are doing well vance.sometimes change can be a rather good experience i suppose.hold your head high .
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:02 pm   #20
BikerDude
Enhanced Membership
Name: Jim
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Good to hear things are looking up, Vance.

As my wife's Granddad used to tell me "keep on keepin' on".

BikerDude.

Be Yourself. (Everyone else is taken!)