Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Cook, garden & preserve > GARDENING + info & links Whats Up?...And sprouting??
GARDENING + info & links Grab an hoe and start digging for info.

Old Dec 24, 2009, 11:01 am   #11
Mushmouth
Name: Borderline Lowl
Northern, Ohio usa
toledo

Re: Whats Up?...And sprouting??

Hi all Merry Christmas Eve!
Im finnally home for a few days for the holiday and loving it.. Im Jonesing bad for my garden back!!!
How are all you handling it? Im seperating my dried seeds and doing inventory on what I have to reorder for next spring...giving the surplus for Chrsitmas gifts. Miker do you have your seed list ready yet? Id love to take a look...send it to fuzzilogical@yahoo.com..

...Josh
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:57 am   #12
bunsenburner
Name: Matthew
Southern, Maine USA

I was pleasently surprised to see that the artichoke overwintered. The cold resistance of the plant last fall/winter surprised me. It was one of the last to succumb to the cold. This spring it is one of the first up. I'm getting a could yards of compost (horse, chicken and cow) from a farmer friend of mine.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:32 am   #13
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Hi Matt,
Good to see you posting again. Been almost a year buddy.
Hey, could you send a truck load of that compost over to me?
Or maybe bring it with you when you come to Michigan for morels?

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Apr 5, 2010, 3:49 pm   #14
bunsenburner
Name: Matthew
Southern, Maine USA

I am driving again this year Frank. However the gas costs might be a bit steep, but you know all about that I'm certain. It took me a while to find this compost connection. I helped one of my former interns who has a family farm and grass fed beef get a full time job where I work. Put down 6-8 yards over the weekend and started a couple new beds for the additional 10 yards I still have. I feel quite lucky since I paid the same amount I have for a couple yards in the past.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:14 pm   #15
Mushmouth
Northern, Ohio usa
toledo

Hi Frank and Debbie , hi all !! Happy Winter! I ve got a rare couple of hours home from driving the bigrig all over..today it will be Wharton NJ when im done. I bought a fixer upper house and am always fixing , hardly any upper at all.Im married now with a 10 month old daughter and another kiddy on the way. So I barely have time to breath, but I still have a tiny garden around the house ( flower bed). I try to use every square inch of. I had good luck with tomato's and veggies and flowers of all sorts I try to use heirloom veggies but the flowers are from all over retail stores...usually clearanced. Anyone want to do a seed swap? I cant quit gardening its so addictive. Ive got a surplus of tomatoe seeds..they are all mixed as far as varieties but i seperated them on size of fruit...extra big large small and cherry..so I would make a assortment of lots of colors and varieties. I check my facebook alot im Joshua Colvin from Toledo Ohio.

...Josh
Old Jan 15, 2011, 5:01 pm   #16
Jochs
Name: Jeff
Southern, Michigan USA
Benton Harbor

Well, we're buried under 3 ft of snow and it is still snowing, so nothing can be seen. Some years, we have been snow free in January and have daffodils sprouting. In 2006, our maples even bloomed in late January after a period of 50 degree days.

We have onions in a box in the house that are sprouting leaves...lol.

Jeff O.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:53 pm   #17
Mushmouth
Northern, Ohio usa
toledo

Crocuses daffodils creeping flox swiss chard red romain sage tyme hyacinths hostas, these are a few of my favorite things in the garden right now..

...Josh