Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Share your Photo's here > Morel & false morel photo's Lapeer morel
Morel & false morel photo's Morels or False Morels photo's only.

Old Apr 29, 2011, 2:47 pm   #11
chevyguy81
Name: Nolan
Southern, Michigan USA
north branch

Re: Lapeer morel

Well...I cant remember the guys name..but he's hunted and studied morels for 30 years. He's hunted from the deep south all the way to michigan. He hunt's in 100 mile intervals as the mushrooms season moves north. The guy lives his life around morels. Not that Frank doesn't know what he talking about. In my 12 years of hunting i've never seen them get bigger after you find them. I suppose if they got some rain they could expand. I have left little ones before. If it rains on the rain washes the spores all over the wind helps too. To me it sux finding little ones but it's better than nothing. It's all good bro. Good luck huntin.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 2:51 pm   #12
chevyguy81
Southern, Michigan USA
north branch

Well Joel in the past i never found anything on time lapse videos of morels but again i haven't checked in years. I had always wondered what they look like coming up. Gonna have to check you tube again. These morels always mystify me. You can go out not find anything then check later in the evening and there they are. Crazy. Happy huntings.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 2:53 pm   #13
chevyguy81
Southern, Michigan USA
north branch

Thanks for the input Frank. I know alot of people that take what they find. Tho leaving small one does help future morels. Either way...happy hunting.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:36 pm   #14
Doug T
Name: Doug
Southern, Michigan USA
Hell

Way to go Nolan!

Size of a pea,Let them be!
Over an inch, Give them a pinch!
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:58 pm   #15
shroomalicious
Name: Pablo
Southern, Michigan USA

Last week I found 26 blacks on state land that gets a lot of traffic. They were all fresh and only about one inch tall. I had myself a dilemma. Do I pick or let them grow and for sure never see them the next time I was able to get out. I know for a fact that they will continue to grow, I have observed this on private land, where I'm more inclined to leave them; but how fast and how big is all dependent on the weather. I felt if we could get more sun and warmth these little buggers would grow to at least pickin size, for me. It was hard, but I left them and hope they got bigger for someone else or maybe I will get lucky when I return tomorrow they will still be there, but bigger. doubt it. Also, I'm pretty sure that some one else left them as well because I took the beer can from the tree that was marking a cluster of 8 and all 26 were in a forty foot area. I didn't want it to be too easy for someone else to find them.