Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Tammy and Jeff

Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:35 pm   #1
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Tammy and Jeff

I was so sorry to read of your father's death Jeff. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know it hurts so bad now, but with time you will get peace to ease your pain.

Debbie
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:30 pm   #2
topdog377
Enhanced Membership
Name: Craig
Southern, Ohio USA
Bainbridge

Re: Tammy and Jeff

So sorry to hear about your loss . i lost my dad 10 years ago to cancer . so i no what you are going threw . are prayers are with you.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:13 pm   #3
birrdybrad
Name: Brad
Central, Michigan usa
Lowell

Jeff... My utmost prayers, and respect, go out to you and your Father. I am so sorry for the pain and suffering you are bearing right now. I know as well as you do, that he is in a place of comfort right now. He is at peace. He is with our Lord, in Heaven.

I lost my Father to Cancer at a young age. And it took me a long time to come to reality with what had happened.

I hope that your pain and suffering will come to an end soon. I'm sure that your father was a Good man.... And he will always be a part of who you are, and live on forever!!...

My family wishes you well........ And will Pray for you.
Brad
Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:27 pm   #4
Judy
Enhanced Membership
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

So sorry to hear of Jeff's dad's passing. I am sure he is in a better place. I am sure most of us have lost a family member to cancer, so know what you are going through. My very best to both of you. Judy
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:50 am   #5
RedWing1
Enhanced Membership
Name: Brandt
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Brandt

Just when you think you aren't going to find any morels, something pushes you to climb that next hill. And once you get over that hill, guess what you find? That's right. NOTHING!
-Me explaining to my in-laws about morel hunting
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:49 pm   #6
Justapickin
Enhanced Membership
Name: Gary
Northern, Michigan USA

So very sorry to hear of your loss.....you and your family will be in my thoughts...
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:07 pm   #7
miker
Enhanced Membership
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Jeff, I'm sorry for your loss, I lost my Pa 2 years ago to lung cancer, I know what ya are going thru, It hurts like hel, but focus on the good times and memories with your dad, it will help, I wish too share with you something I said at my Fathers mass, something my Pa said at the Mass of his Father, and his father at his fathers and so on,
Grieve not for me, rejoice in my passing, as I now sit at the thrones of God and His Holy Son, my pains and the burdens I bore all my life are now lifted,mike
Old Jan 17, 2009, 7:03 am   #8
Happy Trails
Enhanced Membership
Name: George
Southern, Michigan USA

Jeff and Tammy,

I too am so sorry about your loss. I remember the pain I endured during my own fathers passing. And how, over time, those thoughts have become the secretive little smiles of blessings and memories I have just for having known him. God speed.

George

Eat Dessert First, Life Is Short!
Old Jan 17, 2009, 8:53 pm   #9
shroomer71
Enhanced Membership
Name: Carla
Central, Michigan usa

Jeff & Tammy I am so sorry to hear of your families loss, You are in our thoughts & prayers, Carla & Butch

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about dancing in the rain...
Old Jan 20, 2009, 7:10 pm   #10
Tammy
Enhanced Membership
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers (and to you, Deb, for posting). We still don't have internet at home, so I got a bit behind on keeping folks posted.

We had taken Pappy to the Hospice House a week before he passed, as he needed 24 hour care that we could no longer give him. He went peacefully, without the pain that there could have been.

Jeff's dad was a different sort...a loner, as many musicians are, yet had many friends. He wasn't always the best 'family man' around, but tried hard to make up for that at the end. His wish was that we 'have a party' when he passed, and his friends helped to be sure that's what happened. I can only pray that my funeral is as full of love and laughter as his was. What a tribute, and it sure helped us get through the day. Thanks, miker, for those words...we did rejoice, knowing he was no longer in pain, and also in knowing that he had accepted Christ a few months back.

Again, our heartfelt thanks to all of you for your support.

Tam & Jeff