Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion What to do if vacant private land isnt posted
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old May 15, 2011, 4:29 pm   #11
joe pohl
Enhanced Membership
Name: Joe
Northern, Michigan usa
manistee

Re: What to do if vacant private land isnt po

Hey ranger jeepfreak you can come to poker game too.. where did you get your law degree. You said it your self that land in your town was posted several times but some one kept tearing down the sings that means the owner was there .. And when he calls the cops and says yep it was properly posted they take down my sings then you are considered the guilty person but no one ever gets all the posted sings tore down to much work and when they do they just leave them laying there on the ground and if your looking for trees or shrooms you will see there sings i say he got bluffed out of his picking spot. And Brandon's question was did he get bluffed out of his spot .and say yes he did no offense brandon lots of luck on this one pohlcat
Old May 15, 2011, 6:19 pm   #12
jeepfreak
Name: Ranger
Southern, Michigan USA
Tuscola

Pohl, do you even know who I am? I really don't care anyways and my credentials or where I live are none of anyones business. There are too many people on these forums that pretend or think they know a lot and then there are people who feel they need to defend their pride, I am none of those. It is pretty obvious that you probably have not gone to college, you cannot even spell or make sense most of the time. Out of respect for this forum, I think you need to slow down a little and try to be more helpful instead of trying to start a fight that you cannot win. I mearly stated the facts, if you have some insecurity about being wrong then that is your shrinks problem.

Evil is the presence of neophytes who learn through osmosis.
Old May 15, 2011, 6:35 pm   #13
Justapickin
Enhanced Membership
Name: Gary
Northern, Michigan USA

Calm down folks....LOL...Just wondering why people wait until the season is underway to find out if land they will be hunting is private,public or unhuntable.It seems like most are only interested in mushrooms when the season is here.The rest of the year they do no research,scouting,map studying...?Only thing I can add is get started now for next year....now get to it... :>)
Old May 15, 2011, 6:35 pm   #14
Paullee
Enhanced Membership
Name: Paul
Central, Michigan USA

well if you don't own it don't use it. State/public land right of way etc must be found or be smart...Miker's got it...get it...permission. As many know I'm urban bound disabled farmboy;) and YES there is open public land/"Lot's" in urban areas. I will see Monday if the small ones I left are still there...its public so enjoy all:) That said how to do so? well you need to do some detective work, plat map being the easiest. Was it possible that a nasty Morel Mugger gave you the" Heave Ho! if you don't know, Yell"?!? Yep, and I would enjoy playing poker with ya'all post season;) The ante is 2black/1blond blind...shuffle up and DEAL.
Old May 15, 2011, 6:54 pm   #15
Justapickin
Enhanced Membership
Name: Gary
Northern, Michigan USA

Did'nt read through this but it might help...

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(tc0...ass&highlight=
Old May 15, 2011, 7:25 pm   #16
chigger
Enhanced Membership
Name: Sharon
Southern, Michigan usa
Centreville

Questions get asked and questions get answered. And just like when you talk face to face sometimes the words and the intent are actually different.
It all really boils down to the common sense that some have already posted. If you don't pay taxes on it or have permission from the person who does then why would you go there? We all pay taxes on public land)
You wouldn't go in and cook dinner in an empty house just because they didn't have it posted. You wouldn't stop and eat a picnic dinner out of a cooler that was on a table at the local park.
And you wouldn't want someone harvesting you vegies out of your country garden because you don't actually live there but it's not posted.
Don't let morel fever get the best of you. Take your time, respect other people's property and don't sweat the small stuff.
If the person who ran you off was the owner okay. If he was another poacher, you can't be responsible for his actions; just your own.
You will be rewarded many times over when you do things right. And your own good name and integrity will be intact.
Happy hunting.
Old May 15, 2011, 7:49 pm   #17
joe pohl
Enhanced Membership
Northern, Michigan usa
manistee

ya RANGER YOUR SOMEONE WHO JOINED ABOUT 7 WEEKS AGO AND ARE MAKING ALL THESES COMMENTS AND STIRRING THINGS UP I LIKE THE ONE WHERE YOU SAW THE DEER EAT THE TOP OFF THE MOREL WHEN YOU WERE TURKEY HUNTING SPELLING TYPING I AM NOT PERFECT YOURS IS NOT MUCH BETTER AND I HAVE NOT SEEN IT ALL LIKE YOU...THIS BLOG WAS TO GIVE AN GET INFO ON FINDS AND THINGS TO DO WITH MUSHROOMS, I THINK YOU LIKE THE CONFLICT SO UR GOING TO MAKE SOME KIND OF I I'VE SEEN IT OR BEEN THERE ALL OVER THE BOARD JUST TO GET IT GOING .I 'M DONE HERE THAT WAS MY OPINION ABOUT HIS ORDEAL NEXT.

Last edited by joe pohl; May 15, 2011 at 10:15 pm. Reason: TYPO
Old May 15, 2011, 7:55 pm   #18
joe pohl
Enhanced Membership
Northern, Michigan usa
manistee

THANKS GARY HERE IT IS...RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994

324.73102 Entering or remaining on property of another; consent; exceptions.
Sec. 73102.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person shall not enter or remain upon the property of another person, other than farm property or a wooded area connected to farm property, to engage in any recreational activity or trapping on that property without the consent of the owner or his or her lessee or agent, if either of the following circumstances exists:

(a) The property is fenced or enclosed and is maintained in such a manner as to exclude intruders.

(b) The property is posted in a conspicuous manner against entry. The minimum letter height on the posting signs shall be 1 inch. Each posting sign shall be not less than 50 square inches, and the signs shall be spaced to enable a person to observe not less than 1 sign at any point of entry upon the property.

(2) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person shall not enter or remain upon farm property or a wooded area connected to farm property for any recreational activity or trapping without the consent of the owner or his or her lessee or agent, whether or not the farm property or wooded area connected to farm property is fenced, enclosed, or posted.

(3) On fenced or posted property or farm property, a fisherman wading or floating a navigable public stream may, without written or oral consent, enter upon property within the clearly defined banks of the stream or, without damaging farm products, walk a route as closely proximate to the clearly defined bank as possible when necessary to avoid a natural or artificial hazard or obstruction, including, but not limited to, a dam, deep hole, or a fence or other exercise of ownership by the riparian owner.

(4) A person other than a person possessing a firearm may, unless previously prohibited in writing or orally by the property owner or his or her lessee or agent, enter on foot upon the property of another person for the sole purpose of retrieving a hunting dog. The person shall not remain on the property beyond the reasonable time necessary to retrieve the dog. In an action under section 73109 or 73110, the burden of showing that the property owner or his or her lessee or agent previously prohibited entry under this subsection is on the plaintiff or prosecuting attorney, respectively.

(5) Consent to enter or remain upon the property of another person pursuant to this section may be given orally or in writing. The consent may establish conditions for entering or remaining upon that property. Unless prohibited in the written consent, a written consent may be amended or revoked orally. If the owner or his or her lessee or agent requires all persons entering or remaining upon the property to have written consent, the presence of the person on the property without written consent is prima facie evidence of unlawful entry.

History: Add. 1995, Act 58, Imd. Eff. May 24, 1995 ;-- Am. 1998, Act 546, Eff. Mar. 23, 1999
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
Popular Name: Recreational Trespass Act

2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan
Old May 15, 2011, 9:12 pm   #19
miker
Enhanced Membership
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

All right folks, let me introduce myself, my name is mike I am also known as miker, I have been with this board almost from the very beginning of it, and every year we have to have some people that want to get into a shouting match, fued or whatever ya wanna call it.
Frank and Debbie have enough to worry about, besides this trivial bullsit, if ya don't like the others answers and it is beginning to irratate ya, LEAVE THE DAMN POST ALONE, AND DON'T READ IT ANYMORE!!!!!
Be glad you are a member and enjoy the knowledge you'll learn and share with others, mike

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old May 15, 2011, 10:05 pm   #20
brookie
Name: Bob
Southern, Michigan USA

Miker: Amen!

><((((>.`..`.><((( (>.`..`.><((((>. `..`.><((((>