Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion The moment I thought would never come
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old May 19, 2018, 7:29 pm   #1
srashley
Enhanced Membership
Name: Scott
Northern, Ohio USA
Delta

The moment I thought would never come

My second daughter graduated college and wanted to walk on the Appalachian Trail for her graduation celebration. We did. It was a blast, though extremely wet. My folks picked us up yesterday.

The whole time I was checking out the live, YES LIVE Ash trees out of habit just in case the higher elevations might cause a late season mushroom to pop in Virginia. About 4 miles from being picked up, I found two beautiful. Big yellow morels next to the trail by an Ash tree.

I was 4 miles or so from being g picked up. I had no bag to put them in (backpacks don't work). And they wouldn't have survived we while we backpacked in the rain til we got picked up.

Ahhh! I had to leave them! Such torture! It was a day I hoped would never come! The things we do when we love our kids. I just hope they realize the sacrifice!
Old May 19, 2018, 11:22 pm   #2
JonDaHighlander
Name: jon
Southern, Michigan USA
Fenton

Re: The moment I thought would never come

well you got a spot down there, next time take pics in between monsoons. lol