Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Daughter's friend, Toni

Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:57 am   #1
Tammy
Enhanced Membership
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

Daughter's friend, Toni

Please say a quick prayer for my daughter's close friend, Toni. She lost her 11 year old son yesterday to a seizure that left him braindead. Such a tragic shock to everyone. Deion was such a sweet little boy...

(Deion was also my grandsons' second cousin.)

There is a blessing in this tragedy, however...

Toni believes in the Gift of Life, and within mere hours of his passing, Deion gave a ten-year-old a new heart, and had helped three others with transplants, and more will be helped with tissue, eyes, etc. This is a small comfort to a very heartbroken momma.

He had a 7 year old sister and 14 year old brother...please raise this family in your prayers, that God will comfort them through the days, weeks, and months ahead.

Thanks...

Blessed beyond measure!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 3:33 pm   #2
tom.c
Enhanced Membership
Name: tom
Southern, Ohio usa

Re: Daughter's friend, Toni

prayers are on the way.what a great gift of donating the organs at such a tough time.i may well end up on the recieving end some day myself,as we never know what tomorrow holds in store.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 7:26 pm   #3
Judy
Enhanced Membership
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

Smile Re: Daughter's friend, Toni

What a terrible tragedy. The family is also in my thoughts and prayers. I have also signed up to donate what of me they could use to help someone in need. What a great mama to think of others at such a difficult time. Judy
Old Aug 15, 2009, 2:59 am   #4
Bachflock
Enhanced Membership
Name: Vance
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

Prayers. Tragic. Speechless.

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 5:52 am   #5
Happy Trails
Enhanced Membership
Name: George
Southern, Michigan USA

Prayers from our family for all close to Deions' passing. What a sad story. As Deion lives on in heaven, his organs will be giving the gift of life here on earth. May God bless Toni in a special way for her selfless courage and foresight to give to others during what has to be her darkest hour. And may Deion's young brother and sister find peace in the months and years to come. Young people passing is so hard.

George

Eat Dessert First, Life Is Short!
Old Aug 15, 2009, 7:51 am   #6
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

I am so sorry to hear that Tammy. How awful to lose a child and then to be brave enough to think of others during that time. I am sending many prayers for Deion and his family. May God grant his Mom and family comfort.

Debbie and Frank
Old Aug 15, 2009, 7:52 am   #7
chigger
Enhanced Membership
Name: Sharon
Southern, Michigan usa
Centreville

So sad to hear about this. Prayers for God to bless and comfort all who are involved.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 2:10 pm   #8
Tammy
Enhanced Membership
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

Thanks, everyone, for all of your prayers. This was one of the hardest funerals I have ever attended. Mommas aren't supposed to bury their babies...

Toni has had a really hard time with all of it. It took her until last weekend to go home. She's struggling with a lot of issues, the main one being that Deyon didn't want to go to his dad's to spend the night that night...she thinks if she'd have kept him home, he would still be here. We've all tried to tell her that God had His Own plan, that He knew she wouldn't be able to handle the seizure happening at their home.

Thank you, again...for always being there to pray for those in need...

Tam

Blessed beyond measure!
Old Aug 25, 2009, 3:23 pm   #9
Bachflock
Enhanced Membership
Name: Vance
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

More prayers for Toni. I just cannot imagine what she's going through. Thanks for the update.

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.