Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion Did I miss something??
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Nov 30, 2008, 8:50 am   #1
RedWing1
Enhanced Membership
Name: Brandt
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Did I miss something??

Now let's recap here....On Friday I remember the weather "experts" saying that it was going to be a...And I quote..."A beautiful Holiday Weekend for travel." Then on Saturday while putting our Christmas Tree up, we had the radio on, and the pre-recorded weather "expert" kept reminding us every half hour or so of a...And I will use quotes here again..."Slight chance of flurries for Sunday and Sunday night."

SO....How is it when I get up at 7:30 on Sunday we are under a WINTER STORM WARNING for 6-8 inches of snow????? Once again...I want to be a weather "expert".

Brandt

Just when you think you aren't going to find any morels, something pushes you to climb that next hill. And once you get over that hill, guess what you find? That's right. NOTHING!
-Me explaining to my in-laws about morel hunting
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:23 am   #2
miker
Enhanced Membership
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Re: Did I miss something??

Brandt, saw the same thing, heard the same thing, somebody needs to do something with those guys, like get it right or else! Make em stand around in their underwear out in the parking lot, when they get it wrong,mike
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:28 am   #3
RedWing1
Enhanced Membership
Name: Brandt
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

HA! Now there is an idea! That will make them think twice before releasing that forecast, eh?

Brandt

Just when you think you aren't going to find any morels, something pushes you to climb that next hill. And once you get over that hill, guess what you find? That's right. NOTHING!
-Me explaining to my in-laws about morel hunting
Old Nov 30, 2008, 3:40 pm   #4
Deerslayer
Enhanced Membership
Northern, Michigan usa

I suppose the weather is just as unpredictable as our beloved fungi eh guys ?
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:14 pm   #5
miker
Enhanced Membership
Southern, Michigan USA

Paul, that is a good one,LMAO, that is all about they do, is just guess! Think I will rely on my own weather reports from now on, like something scientific, like look out the window,mike
Old Dec 1, 2008, 6:30 pm   #6
tkcenterline
Name: Ted
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

All I can say Is What Happened to Fall?? I woke up this morning with 5 inches of snow on my driveway with temps going down in the teens. I guess you can for sure say the season is now over. NO MORE HENS!! On the brighter side 3 more months to go and SPRING. That's the nice part of getting old time moves faster and faster and faster

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted