Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests For Debby...(DGBAY)

Old Jan 1, 2007, 10:11 pm   #11
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Jim, thank you for posting this. Every woman should have a husband such as yourself. Rest assured that we all will be praying for Deb and all of you.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:20 pm   #12
DGBAY
Enhanced Membership
Name: Deborah
Northern, Indiana USA

Thank you all for your prayers...and thank you, hon', (Jim)...my Gem And, thanks rolling thunder for reminding me of "how many" treatments I will get. NOT!
With my b/cancer in 98' I only had to have chemo for my mastectomy. I want to be somewhat prepared for this lumpectomy and the radiation treatments, so I have been searching on the cancer sites about them. I am not looking forward to the radiation.....(I guess I have read way too much about them and my mind is stuck on those possible awful side effects).....and as I recently heard someone say: the net can scare you to death when you start searching and bringing up things...
I go next Thursday, the 11th, to my family doctor and get my referral in. I'm planning on a Cancer Center that I have heard a lot of good reports about. It's about a 45 min. drive for us (Goshen Cancer Care Center) Dr. Laura Morris, Physician
Thanks again, guys......Will update once I start getting my treatments.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:47 pm   #13
miker
Enhanced Membership
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Godspeed to you and your recovery Deb,mike

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old Jan 2, 2007, 8:36 pm   #14
Ohio Transplant
Enhanced Membership
Name: Rex
Southern, Ontario CA

Sure is GOOD to hear from you Deb. Thanks for the update. Best wishes for you on the 11th.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:51 pm   #15
GammaDee
Enhanced Membership
Name: Donna
Central, Michigan USA
Saginaw Co.

Deb, we will continue to pray for you.
As you well know, God will give you just what you need, to get you and Jim through this trying time.

Donna
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:59 am   #16
DGBAY
Enhanced Membership
Northern, Indiana USA

Oh, now Jack....don't you worry one little iota bout' your comment upsetting me..
I didn't go there at all when I read your post. I think it's just my sense of humor or my outgoing remarks kicking in. I tend to read into posts and disect them more than I should. So, please don't think anything you said was out of the way. I appreciate your prayers and your post.

I cancelled my appt. with my family doctor on the 11th since I found out my insurance doesn't require a referral, nor does the cancer center I am going to. So, I'll now be going on the 9th instead to the Cancer Center in Goshen for my first appt. to discuss my options.

Thanks again to all of you for your continued prayers!
Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:47 am   #17
GammaDee
Enhanced Membership
Name: Donna
Central, Michigan USA
Saginaw Co.

God be with you Deb.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 6:55 pm   #18
DGBAY
Enhanced Membership
Northern, Indiana USA

Just a little update on my appt. today. It went really well, as far as me liking the doctor. Don't know what procedure I'll be having yet, though. My doctor is getting with a committee of doctors on Monday and discussing "ME"... and deciding on the best procedure and treatment. I have a difficult situation since my treatment "could" only consist of a lumpectomy followed by radiation, but because I have a history of sinusitis/bronchitis and still recovering from 4 fractured ribs...and radiation treatments affects/scars the lungs a bit...and could cause fracturing of the rib under the breast.. she's holding off till this is thought through with the committee of doctors. Which is fine by me. Plus she isn't comfortable about my fractured ribs. She wants to be certain the fractures weren't caused from mestasis(cancer spreading to them) which could have caused them to fracture. So,anyway if lumpectomy/radiation is not right for me...I wouldn't mind the mastectomy/chemo....been there, done that (So it's still up in the air...what to do...what to do...what to do...) I guess only time will tell...and God knows all.
Sorry this is so lengthy. Seems like it takes umpteen words sometimes to say what you mean.
Your continued prayers are appreciated!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 7:51 pm   #19
Happy Trails
Enhanced Membership
Name: George
Southern, Michigan USA

And continued prayers you will get DGBAY and for Jim and the entire family. And prayers for God to give wisdom to the doctors assigned to your case. Keep the faith young lady.

George

Eat Dessert First, Life Is Short!
Old Jan 10, 2007, 4:00 pm   #20
BikerDude
Enhanced Membership
Name: Jim
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Prayers Still going up from here,Deb & Jim.

God Bless,

BikerDude.

Be Yourself. (Everyone else is taken!)