Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Share your Photo's here > Morel & false morel photo's Glimpses of spring......
Morel & false morel photo's Morels or False Morels photo's only.

Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:42 pm   #11
RPM
Enhanced Membership
Name: Matt
Southern, Michigan USA

Hey, I don't live there anymore......you can have em! Actually those specific pictures were from the woods of Ill. @ the Illinios state morel championship. But seriously stan, if your going to be in the k.c. area, I did find a few good spots, I'll tell ya right where they are..........p.m. me......

matt
Old Mar 22, 2008, 11:52 am   #12
Samuel
Name: Samuel
Central, N/A CH

.:
Originally posted by RedWing1
We all wish they were, Samuel! Those are just some shots from last spring to help get everyone in the mood.
It works ! :-)
Old Mar 22, 2008, 9:40 pm   #13
RPM
Enhanced Membership
Southern, Michigan USA

Hey Samuel.....when do they start popping in your neck of the woods????

matt
Old Mar 23, 2008, 6:37 pm   #14
Samuel
Central, N/A CH

.:
Originally posted by RPM
Hey Samuel.....when do they start popping in your neck of the woods????

matt
They've been popping out in the woods about 2 miles away from my home a week or two ago (I know that some people found them).

In my hunting areas they won't be before late april, Now it's just snowing and snowing...
Old Mar 25, 2008, 8:40 pm   #15
RPM
Enhanced Membership
Southern, Michigan USA

Samuel, if I remember the past few years correctly, most of the pictures you have posted seem to be out in the open. Are you in an open plains area? What type of terrain do you find most of your morels in? It's crazy that it's still snowing there and people are finding mushrooms. Was there any warm temps that heated the ground up or no?

matt
Old Mar 25, 2008, 9:38 pm   #16
ahistory
Name: Stan
Central, Missouri USA
Columbia

Samuel is a mountain top biking hunter.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 1:50 pm   #17
Samuel
Central, N/A CH

.:
Originally posted by RPM
Samuel, if I remember the past few years correctly, most of the pictures you have posted seem to be out in the open. Are you in an open plains area? What type of terrain do you find most of your morels in? It's crazy that it's still snowing there and people are finding mushrooms. Was there any warm temps that heated the ground up or no?

matt
Matt, I have the luck of having all types of areas near my home...Plains, high mountains (the Alps), low mountains (the Jura). In the plain you can find morels quite early, probably since february. I prefer wait until late-april, early-may to go hunting in the Jura, where it's just snowing for the moment. There are dark pine-forest there (mostly spruces, picea abies), and wide grassed open-spaces. The morels I find (mostly blacks) grow near the pines, on old fireplaces, in barks and so...Rarely into the forest, too dark.

First 2008 pictures in a few weeks, I hope ! :-)
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:36 pm   #18
Samuel
Central, N/A CH

The mountains of Jura, where I like to go hunting

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5...0407006vm8.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/851...0407016wi4.jpg

Inside my hands the Mont-Blanc, top of the Alps, top of Europe. Seen from the Jura. Beautiful...

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6...0907022ir6.jpg

Once more

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9...1007002dd4.jpg
Old Mar 26, 2008, 4:27 pm   #19
RedWing1
Enhanced Membership
Name: Brandt
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Those pictures are breath taking, Samuel! Thank you so much for sharing those with us! WOW!!!

I just went back and looked at them again. I could stare at that last one all day. Do you still recognize the beauty? Or is it a case where your surrounded by it all the time, and it has worn off a bit? I know with me and our Great Lakes in Michigan, I find myself having to remind myself how beautiful they are and how lucky we are to have a resource like that.

Brandt

Just when you think you aren't going to find any morels, something pushes you to climb that next hill. And once you get over that hill, guess what you find? That's right. NOTHING!
-Me explaining to my in-laws about morel hunting
Old Mar 26, 2008, 4:59 pm   #20
Samuel
Central, N/A CH

.:
Originally posted by RedWing1
Those pictures are breath taking, Samuel! Thank you so much for sharing those with us! WOW!!!

I just went back and looked at them again. I could stare at that last one all day. Do you still recognize the beauty? Or is it a case where your surrounded by it all the time, and it has worn off a bit? I know with me and our Great Lakes in Michigan, I find myself having to remind myself how beautiful they are and how lucky we are to have a resource like that.
You know, I love my country ! This place is so beautiful. But I live and work in town (beautiful town by he way, I like it too). I have to drive my car for one 45 minutes and walk, or ride my MTB, to reach those spots. I'll never get tired of all that !

I'm just waiting for the day I'll find morels there by hundreds...And I'm sure I'll do, as my father did a few years ago...