Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Prayers of a different kind

Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:06 pm   #1
RedWing1
Enhanced Membership
Name: Brandt
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Prayers of a different kind

Well, at 12:15am Tuesday "morning" our phone rang. I answered it and it was Brenda's mom. Brenda's dad has been on the transplant list for a kidney for the last five years. They had a match. Brenda, her parents, and her brother rushed to St. Mary's in Grand Rapids. There, they waited until 2pm Tuesday afternoon when they wheeled her father out of his room and into the operating room. The surgery was a 100% complete success!!!! Talk about a Christmas present! Her father seemed right back to normal earlier today and they say everything is going wonderfully!

My request for prayers go to the individual that made the ultimate sacrifice that donated the organs. All the family knows is that it was a male in his early 50's. As one family celebrates, another mourns their loss. Please say a prayer for the individual that donated his organs and has passed from this world. May peace be with his family during these trying times.

Brandt

Just when you think you aren't going to find any morels, something pushes you to climb that next hill. And once you get over that hill, guess what you find? That's right. NOTHING!
-Me explaining to my in-laws about morel hunting
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:31 am   #2
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Re: Prayers of a different kind

That's wonderful news for your family Brandt.
and it sure is a great Christmas present. Two actually. One from the the Lord Himself, and one from a man who decided before hand to donate his organs to help others in the event of his own death. Without his gift and forethought two people would've passed away instead of just one.

Prayers for both family's.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:42 pm   #3
Tammy
Enhanced Membership
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

Prayers for comfort for the donor's family, but of thankfulness for yours.

Jeff and I have been on the donor's end of the process...your family needs to know that the donor's family finds comfort in knowing that the life of their loved one was not in vain, and that althought they are sad for their loss, they are happy for you all.

We are true believers in the Gift of Life program. We encourage everyone to think of this now, while they are still healthy. If you have the organ donor box checked on your license, please be sure to register it with the Secretary of State, as well. Just an FYI, emergency room folks don't always have a driver license to look at, but the patients' names are always run through the computer...

Give Brenda a hug for us...will keep praying that the transplant was a success and for no rejection!!

Blessed beyond measure!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 5:53 pm   #4
RedWing1
Enhanced Membership
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

He is on his second day after the transplant and everything is looking GREAT!!! He may be going home as early as Monday. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It truly is the most wonderful Christmas gift ever. The Lord is always watching over us all. Thank you again, everyone!

Brandt

Just when you think you aren't going to find any morels, something pushes you to climb that next hill. And once you get over that hill, guess what you find? That's right. NOTHING!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:53 pm   #5
Judy
Enhanced Membership
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

Smile Re: Prayers of a different kind

So very happy for your family Brandt. Yes, I also urge everyone to add their name to the donor list. I have saved an article written in an Ann Lander's column many years ago. It is very moving about donating different body parts and what they mean to someone who needs them.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:07 pm   #6
tom.c
Enhanced Membership
Name: tom
Southern, Ohio usa

happy for your fater-in-laws new kidney.it is very important for people to become donors.i am and urge everyone to also. you never know when you or a loved one may need something transplanetd .i may end there myself one day and hope i get what i may need.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:44 pm   #7
Happy Trails
Enhanced Membership
Name: George
Southern, Michigan USA

Brandt,

That's great news indeed. I'm so happy for the blessing your family recieved this Christmas season. I offer prayers for continued healing of your father-in-law and for the comfort of the donors family.

George

Eat Dessert First, Life Is Short!
Old Dec 12, 2009, 5:46 pm   #8
richland49083
Enhanced Membership
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA
S.W. Michigan

Thanks to God to everyone who has decided to be an organ donor!

Hope your father-in-law has continued success with his gift.

Mike
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:03 am   #9
RedWing1
Enhanced Membership
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Thank you again everyone for the continued thoughts! Brenda's father was released from the hospital already on Saturday!! It was 2pm Tuesday when he received the kidney and less than three days later he was released! Modern medicine and science is amazing!

Brandt

Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:52 am   #10
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

That is so amazing that a person can go through a surgery like that and be home so quickly! Many prayers for both family's. It should be comforting to the donor's family that his passing helped another.

Debbie

Happy Morel Dreams!