Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests A lady dear to us all..

Old Mar 17, 2005, 9:30 am   #1
morelmaniac
Name: Gina
Northern, Indiana USA

A lady dear to us all..

Some of you know what mom has been through others may not. So I will fill in breifly the main subject. Mom (DGBAY) is a breast cancer survivor and she had a masectomy along with reconstruction using stomach muscles. She has been declared disable since surgury and has had lots of tough times due to her surgury. She is not even able to due her daily house chores without pulling something or feeling wore out. Mom has always been a "git r done" type and does not procrastinate on anything. She has had some back problems and recently they were worse. After going to the Chiropractor yesterday she found out that her hip had rotated and he gently had to get it back into place for her. (This was no easy task seeing how he had to be careful due to all the problems and surguries mom has had.) After reviewing the X-ray he had taken of her when she arrived he got her set back in place, he found that she still has staples in her and since mom had never known or seen that she wanted it pointed out. He did point it out to her along with a mass on her right pelvis side. We are hoping this is just scar tissue from the surguries I previously listed. I talked to mom yesterday and she was really sore from all the chiropractor had to do to her, but I could also here the worry in her. She is going this morning to her family doctor to get it reviewed and he said he would be doing more tests. Let's pray that mom get's anwsers and that it is all positive for her. Every step my mother has taken since the surgury has been without ease, lets pray this is one less that she will have to worry about. Thank you to all of you who read this and reply. And if you don't reply just think of her. As we all know, GOD IS GOOD ....ALL THE TIME!
Your friend.
MM
Oh my father (JR) or Jim as some of you know him, took today off to be with her and let's also remember him cuz he has lots on his mind to, and with mom and him as you will learn they are unselfish people who pray for everyone and sometimes they forget themselves. I pray that God gives them the strength and anwsers that they both need.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 1:15 pm   #2
shroom vaccuum
Name: Sue
Northern, Michigan usa
rc

Prayers are on the way for such a fine family. I never know quite what to sayto ease the tension during situations like this, but my thoughts are with all of you for a happy outcome.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 8:13 pm   #3
Judy
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

Gina, thank you for sharing. How did hubby come out with his surgery? You know I will send many prayers your family's way. After getting to meet all of you, I know what a wonderful, caring family you were born into. Tell Deb we are so thinking of her. And also wishing her the very best. Judy and Harold
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:06 pm   #4
morelmaniac
Name: Gina
Northern, Indiana USA

God is Good All the Time....
He did ease mom's tension I know she was feeling today. Mom got news that it IS an organ that got moved during reconstrution. I am sure she will fill in any little details, but we only got to talk for a sec. She still sounded pretty sore from the chiroprator having rotated her back into place. Thanks to all who took a moment out of their busy lives to give my family a thought.
Your friend,
MM
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:03 am   #5
Tracey
Name: Tracey
Southern, Michigan USA
Fairgrove

gina,
Your mom is in my prayers. And i will let her know, along with some happy thoughts. Hope to see you all soon. Just keep "keeping the faith", hon.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:21 am   #6
miker
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Gina, thanks for the update, and DG, if you read this, let it be known that you are in y prayers and thoughts, and will remain thru any trials that you endure or happiness that you enjoy my Sister, your Brother mike

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old Mar 18, 2005, 8:18 am   #7
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Only got a minute here. Glad i decided to check the board quick like today. I usually am gone without having time to check.

DG, we certainally will be praying for you and Jim. We know how stressful (I hate that word) personal trials can be. You're always in our thoughts.

And I know you know this, but I thought I would just throw this quote in from someone much more powerful than any of us.

"Be of good cheer, for I am with you".

Gotta run now.

Frank
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:00 am   #8
DGBAY
Name: Deborah
Northern, Indiana USA

Thank you Regina..."prettiest girl I ever seena...she's my pretty little baby doll"...(remember me singing that to you when you were just knee high to a grasshopper...LOL. ) Well, you're still my pretty, sweet little bably doll...(you always will be)
Thanks for asking prayer for me. This is an awesome group of people and they are very sincere in their thoughts and prayers...God sure has been good to us...I am thankful that He is always there for us. Whether it be a small trial or a big one, and no matter what the end results are....we can't lose if God is in it.

I just need to be more cautious as I do my daily household chores. I just hate being defeated!! I was always a "go-getter"..."get er' done" person... And, now I can't be...and sometimes i just get frustrated and I over-do it...and the end results put me out-of-commission and I'm down for a week or so...and reminded I have to baby my disabilty.
I praise God that the dark mass was just a "loop" from my colon, and not the dreaded cancer that we all fear.
Thank-you all for your thoughts and prayers. Your kindness means more to me than words can express.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 7:40 pm   #9
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Deb I am so very sorry that I didn't get to see this before this evening. I hate to think of all the stress and worry you had to go through. I thank God that all is well internally. I wish there were something more that can be done to ease your back and stomach problems. Hopefully there will be a Dr out there that can find you and help to ease some of what you are going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you know. You are a very special woman to us. Please remember that you are ALWAYS welcome to call me if you just want to talk about stuff. I love our chats when we get to have them you know!

Love,
Debbie

Happy Morel Dreams!
Old Mar 19, 2005, 10:44 am   #10
Tracey
Name: Tracey
Southern, Michigan USA
Fairgrove

Deb,
I am soooo glad you are ok.
(I can only imagine the fear and anxiety you must've gone through.)
Yes. Start taking it easy. I know it's easier said than done. (I'm there).
Everyday I hear,"Ahhh, you shouldn't be doin' that...."
And everyday I think, If I don't do it, who will.
And every other day, I'm paying the price of over-do.
And over-do can be as simple as picking up a piece of debri on the floor, or pulling clothes from the washer...or sanding drywall(stupid me).
If you need help, enlist others or if needed, hire someone. (I actually taught Bella to pick up and retrieve things off the floor for me- unfortunately, she can't vacuum or do laundry
)
You're in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you know that.
Take it easy! Literally