Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion so many views and no comments
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Apr 29, 2011, 1:31 am   #1
joe pohl
Enhanced Membership
Name: Joe
Northern, Michigan usa
manistee

Question so many views and no comments

seems like we get a whole lot of people read the post but they themselfs don't post or even make any comment on your post. Alot of people just looking for information but not giving any. I would like to know that when you whent out in your area and you found zip zero or you hit just few and what kind were they . Please people make a contribution to the site with a post or reply to whats going on around you also. How do some of you others feel about this pohlcat
Old Apr 29, 2011, 2:48 am   #2
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Re: so many views and no comments

Well, that is true for almost any forum that is viewable to the public Joe. I myself have read a couple of knife forums for months, before deciding to post because I couldn't seem to find an answer already answered somewhere.

Just think how much a person can learn here just by reading older posts and gaining knowledge about mushrooms in general.

I know a lot of times when I look at who's online I see people reading really old posts. They are studying up is all.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Apr 29, 2011, 2:48 am   #3
jeepfreak
Name: Ranger
Southern, Michigan USA
Tuscola

I personally do not harbor any selfishness when it comes to mushrooms but I guess many people like to give in to their animalistic tendancies. The only reason why I would protect where I hunt is if I do not know how that person operates because they can make it so they don't keep coming back up the following years.

I have been out every day for the past week and I have not seen a thing out there. The local lake where I fish has not yielded any fish either and that is a big indicator......fish coming up from the depths=morels for me in my area. There are other little indicators too.

It is just too early for them right now. Yeah some people are getting a few but they are small. A few good warm days and the mushrooms should come in droves this year but we gotta get some more warmth and not so much rain at once.

Evil is the presence of neophytes who learn through osmosis.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:07 am   #4
chigger
Enhanced Membership
Name: Sharon
Southern, Michigan usa
Centreville

Okay, I pop in a lot because I'm nosy and want to see what's going on.
Usually for only a few minutes at a time.
I went for over a year before posting at all mostly because I didn't feel that I had anything that was worth adding to the information being given. There are probably a lot of people who are the same way. Sitting there thinking "wow, how do these people know so much?"
Every group of people will have those who naturally take the lead and do most of the talking and those who don't say much; Those who you ask for help and those you wouldn't.
I'll post if I find some but I seldom make it out to the woods.
I will say that the cherry tree that had a bunch of half frees last year (or the year before, I can't remember) hasn't shown as much as one so far this spring :-(
But I'm looking forward to out trip up north this coming week if I can get the calf weaned soon enough.
Sharon
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:26 am   #5
Mushroom Jack
Enhanced Membership
Name: Jack
Northern, Michigan USA
Lewiston

Sharon, if you're going North you better bring your longjons. Pretty cold up here yet. Today is the first day of sun for over a week. Sat. is supposed to be in the 50's so I think I'll check out some woods. We need some warm days & nights now.

Tip of the " Mushroom Cap " to ya's !!!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:13 am   #6
JonDaHighlander
Name: jon
Southern, Michigan USA
Fenton

I don't post alot because alot of it would be repeating what is already here. I only like something valuable. There is more than enough info for research & as for reports...they are hrte in #'s....buddy found 400 pecks yesterday...do I'm going out today. One of my signs is after your first grass cut....it's on!!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:30 am   #7
shroonthumper
Enhanced Membership
Name: victor
Southern, Michigan USA
montgomery

I think that pohlcat is a very in depth reader of this forum. and like me loves to read feed back on any and all things posted on here. i also think he is a professional morel hunter LOL. I try to post information on here with a little twist of humor pohlcat if you notice it seems to spur the conversation more then just a simple i found some or found none report. Now on to the business report. I have been several times here in southern MI it just seems they are not wanting to pop out. The most i have heard about is 40 blacks wednesday & 40 grays tuesday. found by the same person in coldwater i do believe these were actualy from a prepared patch in his backyard so i don't count it as a find. that is just picking from a garden to me. wish i had that garden. When i do find some i will post in the forums everytime even giving exact location where i found them. by exact i mean within a few miles give or take a few more. so best of luck to you and to all the readers out there. I'm hunting in hillsdale county today small but real great places fingers are crossed.

"THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP AND I HAVE MANY MORELS TO FIND BEFORE I SLEEP" .............
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:53 pm   #8
joe pohl
Enhanced Membership
Name: Joe
Northern, Michigan usa
manistee

Well i am so sorry to all of you... Just asking you to join in but i guess there is an answer for everthing on here already right.. I just ask if you you could maybe post a reply to whats going on where you are .if you felt insulted by my request i do apoligize i did not mean to ask for such sensitive information .. Go ahead an tear it up boys this ol pro will just go spend his time in the woods best of luck to you all joe
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:00 pm   #9
chigger
Enhanced Membership
Name: Sharon
Southern, Michigan usa
Centreville

Hey, don't go hide Joe! People here don't take offence that easy. And I've been watching you specially and living vicariously from your (and other's) posts. Especially from the North woods.
There is so little public ground around here that I don't hit the woods very often. You guys keep me dreamin'.
By the way, I always bring my longjohns. It seems that it's always cold up there this early. A couple of years ago we were driving up in the snow but we were too far to turn back. Still had decent luck that year. I'm hopin' for more of the same (sans snow of course) this year.
Sharon
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:06 am   #10
shroonthumper
Enhanced Membership
Name: victor
Southern, Michigan USA
montgomery

You did not offend me in anyway at all. LOL And hillsdale conty is still a dry county when it comes to the morels. they are calling for frost tonight. we gain heat lose it at night.

"THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP AND I HAVE MANY MORELS TO FIND BEFORE I SLEEP" .............