Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Share your Photo's here > Miscellaneous Photo's Great Find For me.
Miscellaneous Photo's Non-Mushroom photographs of wildlife, kids, pets, fishing, hunting, hobbies & what have you.

Old Feb 25, 2009, 3:50 pm   #1
topdog377
Enhanced Membership
Name: Craig
Southern, Ohio USA
Bainbridge

Great Find For me.

Just wanted to share this find with the hunters out there. I found this shed this morning while taking a walk scouting for Mushroom season. what a find The rack is 6 1/2 inchs around the base. the longest tine is 16 1/2 inchs long the main beam is 29 inchs long and it has i'm guessing about 4 inchs chewed off. it has 8 points. I can believe that this deer is out there. I hunted my but off this year and have not seen anything like this. I looked everwhere for the other side going back tommorrow. hope to find it and if i do i will mount it i have a extra buck cape. This gets my blood pumping I found this shed less then 500 yards from the stand that i shot the buck that i have on my image.
Attached Thumbnails - Click for larger view
Click image for larger version

Name:	rack 006.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	5604  

Craig
Old Feb 25, 2009, 4:20 pm   #2
fasthunter
Enhanced Membership
Name: Chris
Southern, Michigan USA

Re: Great Find For me.

That's a cool find topdog! I only found a shed once in my life and that was in the spring looking for morels. Just a fork horn that was chewed up, but cool to find. That sure is a biggun that you found there! Maybe you'll see him in person. That would be pretty cool.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 4:33 pm   #3
fasthunter
Enhanced Membership
Name: Chris
Southern, Michigan USA

.:
Originally Posted by jondahighlander View Post
cool craig!! i'm goin' out this weekend to look
Enjoy you're time out John. I'm going bunny hunting hopefully on Sat with a friend. He has a beagle for it too. I'm excited. I don't get to hunt bunnies with a dog to much. Hope you find some sheds and maybe some new shroom spots.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 7:34 pm   #4
Justapickin
Enhanced Membership
Name: Gary
Northern, Michigan USA

Congrats on a great find..It would seem like as much as I'm in the woods through out the year I'd find a shed or 2 but never found one...