Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion Livingston County checking in
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old May 20, 2019, 2:12 pm   #1
moralgirl
Enhanced Membership
Name: Linda
Southern, Michigan USA
ann arbor

Livingston County checking in

Hi All, We have had quite the morel season this year It has been cold and rainy so the nice half-frees came in almost three weeks solid. wow were they wonderful this year, personally I like them the best,. Then a solid two weeks of beautiful whites. We started picking on April 23rd, I believe after going out this morning and bagging about 50 more late whites with the thinner skins that I am about done. Especially after seeing sooooo many gathers out this weekend. I am an avid hunter and this was a great year. Thank you morel gods. I really wish I knew how to post photos as I stared a collection of them on my phone as to all that I picked this year My goodness they are all over my window sills drying This year ranks up there in the top ten years for gathering. I have been eating so many in so many different foods I think I may smell like a morel. of course I gave that many away also, trading for fresh walleye and asparagus as well as things that will come back to me later. Anyways thanks for the info and the laughs this year Remember so many trees and sooo little time. Have a safe and wonderful year
Old May 20, 2019, 2:29 pm   #2
JonDaHighlander
Name: jon
Southern, Michigan USA
Fenton

Re: Livingston County checking in

Nice to hear. My spots in livingston didm't grow much in a week. Checking again today
Old May 21, 2019, 3:28 pm   #3
Guido
Enhanced Membership
Name: Dave
Southern, Michigan USA

Re: Livingston County checking in

I am also done morel hunting for the year. It's time to put in the garden! My season total was 645 - 187 black in 2 days Up North and 458 white in 8 days hunting in SE MI. Many of my old spots did not produce, but those that did had good numbers. It was a good year that might have been a great year if I had had more time to hunt Up North. Good luck everyone.

Just a few...

Guido