Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion latest report manistee ludington wellston b
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old May 13, 2019, 6:59 pm   #1
joe pohl
Enhanced Membership
Name: Joe
Northern, Michigan usa
manistee

Thumbs up latest report manistee ludington wellston b

ok people here is the latest up here in the manistee national forest .... the blacks are up but they are slow the whites and yellows have started but need a week to ten days before they will be worth picking this is the latest i have ever seen them come up ... I herd today we have another frost warning for tonight ... i do hope they will survive If your coming up check my post in the open discussion I am leaving either Wednesday or Thursday morning and I will post the latest before I leave here .. they are a full 3 weeks late this year the forest is far behind and the best place to look is places that get a lot of sunshine and the ground warms up that is place where me and my friends are finding them... good luck to all and be safe hunting .. also the ticks are really bad again this year i picked 10 of them off my jacket and I was only in the woods for half hour ...I will try to make the spring dinner this year but the shrooms really dictate where I will be say john i was down in Brandon township last week and Davidson ortinville.. lake Orion also you should give me a call if you still have my number I grew up there in Waterford my band played there at the fenton inn and mount holly ski lodge .. and the four seasons there on dixiie hwy and Oxford . ......... pohlcat
joe pohl is invisible Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Old May 14, 2019, 5:36 pm   #2
brain hunter
Name: Kevin
Central, Michigan United States

Re: latest report manistee ludington wellst

The last part of that post was VERY confusing. I hope he didn't have a stroke while he was writing that...
Old May 15, 2019, 9:24 am   #3
joe pohl
Enhanced Membership
Name: Joe
Northern, Michigan usa
manistee

hey Kevin you keep finding those brain mushrooms I hope your not eating them they will kill you there full of rocket fuel as for the last part of the message it was for jondahighlander that is where he lives.... this kind of response to my post is exactly why i don't like to give reports on here anymore just stay confused and please keep your derogatory statements to yourself please .... I have been a member on here since 2004 and the reports are very important to a lot of members on here they depend on them to make decisions of whether to drive up north now or wait until the reports are good ....for spending the gas money to come up here and get the time off work . thats what this web site is for to help others as for the so called stroke i must have had it was the thought of whether or not to give the info ... keep reading the post on here and you might learn something for it is said better to appear foolish and say nothing then to speak and prove it ...like you did............... pohlcat
Old May 16, 2019, 2:14 pm   #4
brain hunter
Name: Kevin
Central, Michigan United States

Sorry man, the lack of punctuation makes it really hard to understand what you are trying to covey.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:08 am   #5
Trix
Name: Rick
Northern, Michigan USA
Irons

Have been out several times and visited 5 or 6 good looking spots in Lake, Manistee and Wexford Counties. Not much happeing for this casual hunter. I know I've been in some good spots because I had lots of company. Thanks to whoever runs this site. Nice to confirm what I am seeing.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:36 am   #6
dbrian
Name: Donna
Northern, Michigan USA

Hi Pohlcat I really appreciate your reports - thanks for sharing!
Old May 21, 2019, 1:38 pm   #7
Jochs
Name: Jeff
Southern, Michigan USA
Benton Harbor

Yesterday, I got about 6 hours of hunting in.
I found 8 small fresh white morels, and at a higher elevation in Northern Wexford, a fresh black.
It rained most of the weekend, and the soil is plenty moist.
This week and the coming Memorial Day weekend should be good for the whites, and maybe even the blacks north of Mesick.

Jeff O.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:38 am   #8
JonDaHighlander
Name: jon
Southern, Michigan USA
Fenton

Voice Text! lol