Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > What a Joke! A man who doesn't fish or drink beer
What a Joke! Post are moderated. Please keep it family clean.

Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:06 pm   #1
Woodbutcher
Name: Leonard
Southern, Michigan USA
Shelby Twp.

A man who doesn't fish or drink beer

I had to go into Boston for some business yesterday. After parking the car, I walked to the office building I was going to. Along the way I passed several street bums. One particularly dirty guy who really stunk came up to me and asked me for some money so he could get something to eat. Half-jokingly, I asked him how did I know that if I gave him money for food he wouldn't just go fishing instead. He looked at me funny and said, "Fishing? I never go fishing. I spend my days trying to stay alive on the street."

Getting serious, I then asked him if he would just spend the money on beer. He answered, "You may not believe this, but I do not drink. Not a drop."

I told him to come with me. I was going to bring him home and have my wife fix him the best meal he's ever had.

"Are you sure?" he asked, "I know I'm pretty filthy and I probably don't smell too good."

"You'd be doing me a favor," I told him. "I want to show my wife what a guy who doesn't fish or drink beer looks like."

How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire,but it takes a whole box to start a campfire??

leonard
Old Feb 6, 2010, 8:14 pm   #2
tom.c
Name: tom
Southern, Ohio usa

Re: A man who doesn't fish or drink beer

where is this guy?a lot of us could use his help,haha