Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > New Member Introductions Hello

Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:18 am   #1
PoorOldRon
Name: Ron
Northern, Michigan USA
Atlanta

Hello

This is my first post since re-registering. Good to be back. I retired last May and spent the summer/fall in northern Michigan without a computer which wasn't all bad. In NW Ohio now but will be back north in a month. We've got a beautiful cabin on the Thunder Bay River, just north of what used to be Avery, on Rt. 33. My early years were spent surveying for the interstate hwy. system in Ohio. Went to work as a surveyor/draftsman/CAD technician for City government in 1982 and retired last May. I've hunted the morels for over 30 years now and still can't wait each Spring to get into the woods. Married to wife Cheryl, and between us, we have 5 kids, 10 grand kids and a great-grandaughter. I make some pretty good homemade wine (which I like to trade for almost anything),
play the trumpet, love to fish and just watch the river go by. Don't know what else to say other than I'll look forward to visiting the site on a regular basis. Thanks. Ron
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:27 pm   #2
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Welcome to the board!

Hi there PoorOldRon,

I hope you enjoy our site. We've made a lot of terrific friends here. Don't be shy about posting, just jump in and you'll meet some really cool folks.

On the behalf of everybody here,
Thank you for joining!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 2:10 pm   #3
Bachflock
Name: Vance
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

Re: Hello

Welcome Ron... glad to have you back!

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.