Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion TICKS YEK
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:43 pm   #1
joe pohl
Name: Joe
Northern, Michigan usa
manistee

Thumbs down TICKS YEK

I got them good again this year .. Check yourself for ticks .. Anyone else getting any ticks please let me know good hunting to all pohlcat
Old Apr 12, 2010, 5:13 pm   #2
srashley
Name: Scott
Northern, Ohio USA
Delta

Re: TICKS YEK

I found my first ticks of the year this week-end here in Northwest Ohio. That's one part of morel season I can do without!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:04 pm   #3
shrooming girl
Name: earlean
Southern, Michigan USA

Yep tis the season for them darn ticks. I had one on me yesterday. All I can say is buy BUG SPRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!Darn things anyways.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:24 pm   #4
shroonthumper
Name: victor
Southern, Michigan USA
montgomery

Wow seems i'm winning in the tick count i have found 3 on me in the last couple days they seem to be in the grass here. i also found 2 on the boy. one on his pop bottle the other on his ear. none were given the chance to bite. P.S. we were both wearing bug spray. So be careful out there and remember to check your car seat they like to stay there and try and get you the next time you drive.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:19 pm   #5
Bachflock
Name: Vance
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

Just telling my brother I expected a bad year for them. Thursday I'm spraying my hunting gear down with tick spray and bringing along extra everday spray. Nasty buggers!

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:49 pm   #6
B outdoors
Name: bill
Central, Michigan USA
Grandville

YUP!! Baldwin area produced several ticks as well this past week end.

Vjs you mentioned spraying hunting gear and then carring everyday spray. What do you spray hunting gear with?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:37 am   #7
shroonthumper
Name: victor
Southern, Michigan USA
montgomery

Seems to be the year for the ticks. I spray my self every time i step out anywhere close to a wooded area. Still i seem to be a magnet to them. I may have gotten a bad can of spray I'm going to try a different type and see if that helps so beware of the lil bloodsuckers TICKS=8 MORELS=2 not a good score at all just glad i haven't had one bite yet so maybe the spray is doing half it's duty.

"THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP AND I HAVE MANY MORELS TO FIND BEFORE I SLEEP" .............
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:04 am   #8
Bachflock
Name: Vance
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

Hey Joe - I haven't seen tick one yet this year but that is from Alcona County also. I've read a couple of other reports that they are bad but so far so good for me.

Bill - I use any clothing treatment that have permethrin. I forget the brand I used this year but its something you will want to do outdoors on a calm wind day. Its basically the same stuff they used when they make anti-tick/flea dog collars but it comes in spray form. You hang up your clothes, spray it down til just damp, then let it dry. The treatment is good, they say, for up to 6 washes. I don't trust it past two washes myself but I hate ticks that much. LOL

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:34 pm   #9
anna
Name: anna
Central, Michigan USA
cadillac

I found one on my Golden Retriever.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:44 pm   #10
Naturegirl
Name: Kari
Southern, Michigan USA
Metamora

Harsens Island is bad for them every year, not even in the woods. Last year looking for morels I had spray, a tight slick coat and pants and still got 5 of them on me. Nothing is worse than when one crawls out of your hair after showering and puting on pajamas.

Tags
tick repellant