Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Prayers for Jim's brother..

Old Apr 26, 2010, 1:31 pm   #1
DGBAY
Name: Deborah
Northern, Indiana USA

Prayers for Jim's brother..

My husbands brother, Rick, has Stage 4 lung cancer. He just turned 49 yrs. old and never smoked a day of his life. The Cancer is in both lungs & has spread to the neck, hip and back/spine. Please be much in prayer for him.

He was diagnosed in 2008 with a lung disease he contracted from doing woodworking in an old chicken coop from breathing the air in there. His doctor treated him for that infection/disease for close to a year.
In Dec. 2009 Rick got a blood clot in his heart. With his health & his breathing growing worse, he was able to get in immmediately at Indianapolis Riley hospital. They told him he had the cancer tumors, as well, beneath the infectious mass, and that it had already spread.

It's sure been a long battle for him. He is currently taking chemo treatments and staying strong mentally and physically. He walks at least 2 miles or more a couple of times a week. He is trying his best to "live WITH cancer" instead of dieing OF cancer. He is a very strong christian man and has great faith in what God has done and what God can do. He does not want to give up, but he knows that God may choose to take him on home. He is trying to live the best quality of life possible for his situation right now.

I know by experience that this forum has great prayer warriors in it and I ask that you lift Rick up in prayer. Thank-you and God Bless.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:04 am   #2
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Re: Prayers for Jim's brother..

Deb, Jim, Rich and family, our prayers are with you.

Your family has had so much to deal with with various cancers, but we have seen God's hand intervene many times to change an outcome. And what he won't intervene with, he will offer strength and comfort as you need it.

Love and prayers,
Frank
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:13 am   #3
tom.c
Name: tom
Southern, Ohio usa

we will keep the entire family in our prayers.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:20 pm   #4
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

I will keep Rick and all of you in my prayers. As Franks said, we have seen many miracles in our Board family. I hope that Rick can keep on with the great attitude and with the fight. Sounds as though he is a very lucky man to be so loved.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 5:47 am   #5
Bachflock
Name: Vance
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

Prayers for Rick for healing... prayers for everyone.

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:14 am   #6
shrooming girl
Name: earlean
Southern, Michigan USA

Prayers are being sent. Prayer is a powerful weapon in the healing process so here comes a prayer.

It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.