Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion "Light Up the Bluff" in St. Joseph.
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Dec 25, 2010, 2:47 am   #1
Jochs
Name: Jeff
Southern, Michigan USA
Benton Harbor

"Light Up the Bluff" in St. Joseph.

Every year for the past several years, St. Joseph has lit up Lake Bluff Park along Lake Blvd in downtown St. Joe.
This years lights are choreographed with a music and light show from 6pm-10pm. Music plays from 6-10pm, and on the hour and half hour, the lights flash with certain songs. These shows are 10 minutes each. After 10pm, the lights remain on , but no music plays. There are white lights on most of the trees, and some white snowflakes hanging from some trees and on arches over the sidewalk. Also there are colored Christmas decorations. The Light Up the Bluff Show is supposed to run through February 15th. I imagine the snowflakes and white lights will remain up until then, but the Christmas themed decorations will be removed in January. Last year the Bluff Lights were on until mid-February, and taken down after the Magical Ice Carving Festival, which I believe will be the weekend of February 11-13th this year. (I am not sure yet...it was February 12-14 last year....Watervliet's Ice Festival is in Late January, and at last year's Ice Fest in Watervliet I saw my first Snowy, Winter Fireworks Show last year.)

Jeff O.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:47 am   #2
Bachflock
Name: Vance
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

Re: "Light Up the Bluff" in St. Joseph.

Merry Christmas Jeff - that sounds pretty cool.

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.