Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Cook, garden & preserve > RECIPES smelling good here
RECIPES Welcome to our kitchen!

Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:50 pm   #1
stever
Name: Steve
Southern, Michigan usa

smelling good here

The aborted entoloma are in the frying pan and the Hen is now a duck, I mean duxelle
Attached Images

Stever

I don't make jokes I just watch the government and report the facts.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:54 pm   #2
beastybird
Name: Mary
Southern, Wisconsin usa
milwaukee

Stever what do the etolomas taste like? I know of a place where alot of them grow hopefully the taste better than they look and what do you cook them in evoo? and season with ??
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:17 pm   #3
Paullee
Name: Paul
Central, Michigan USA

Wish I was there
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:35 pm   #4
stever
Southern, Michigan usa

I made the duxelle and Robin the entolomas. The duxelle will end up in phyllo triangles with chevre cheese. Not sure about the entolomas. She cooked in olive oil/butter mix with a little garlic and salt and is freezing. Time will tell. Sorry but not sure how to describe flavor other than pleasant with a nice texture. I think that they would be good in a chinese type stir fry though after munching on a few

Stever

Old Sep 28, 2006, 7:10 pm   #5
beastybird
Name: Mary
Southern, Wisconsin usa
milwaukee

Stever I finally tried the etolomas and think they are wonderful---------took me a few time picking them to get over how they look and to give them a try. there are tons of them up around here now picked a basketful today
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:20 am   #6
Princess Roon
Name: Lisa
Central, Michigan USA
Rockford

Looks great. Another shroom I'd love to find and try. I have to ask where you got that great looking blue Dutch oven or stock pot. I am needing a new set of pans and want to find something that isn't tefelon but is nonstick. I also want to get ahold of a decent cast iron pan for frying. My husband and I want to steer clear of anything to do with tefelon, calphalon or whatever. I love to simmer soups, stews and anything in the larger size pan like yours.

I had a mushroom dream last night...and I could see just fine.

Lisa
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:40 am   #7
miker
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Stever, I think you posted that recipe a few years ago, on the old board, how about a repost, I tried that and it was quite good,mike

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old Sep 29, 2006, 1:42 am   #8
stever
Southern, Michigan usa

Hi Lisa
The blue pot is Le Creuset made in France. We have had it for about 6 months and have been very happy with it. We bought it at a place called Tuesday Morning who specialized on selling merchandise at about 50-80% off retail. The only thing is their inventory is always changing and you never know what the heck you will find there. This pot is heavy in weight. They also had a larger one that Robin simply could not lift comfartably and that was befor we filled it up with anything.

Miker if you are refferring to the triangles we make our duxelle and then simply add some chevre cheese , but not so much that you lose the mushroom flavor. Then we lay out one piece of phyllo and spray with olive oil and then a second one and spray again. . Then cut it lenthwise into 3 strips put a tablespon or so of duxelle/ cheese mixture and fold up into the triangles. Freeze uncooked on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. When frozen transfer to ziplocs and then pull out and cook as needed. Do not defrost first. About 20-25 minutes at about 375 should do it. Of course the duxelle changes every time we make it. This time I added about 40 black morels reconstituted to the hen mix while cooking and of course the soaking liquid. Our duxelle is basically chopped up shrooms, shallots/ scallion or onions, butter cooked till the liquid is absorbed. Salt garlic, parsley as you wish

Stever

Tags
aborted entoloma