Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Share your Photo's here > Miscellaneous Photo's Found a whole hillside FULL
Miscellaneous Photo's Non-Mushroom photographs of wildlife, kids, pets, fishing, hunting, hobbies & what have you.

Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:27 am   #1
MorelMorale
Name: Brad
Central, Michigan USA
Grand Rapids

Found a whole hillside FULL

of ramps!... What did you think I was going to say, morels? My morale on morels is a little low at the moment. Still havent been fortunate enough to haul in any of the real gems yet this year. It hasnt stopped me from trekking into the woods every chance I get, but it is a little dissapointing after reading all of the early successes this year. I truly am happy for everyone that has found.. but certainly hard to not be a little jealous. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Take care all- and may your season be long and fruitful. Anyone wanting to trade morels for ramps.. you know who to contact
Attached Thumbnails - Click for larger view
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ramps_Hillside_4_6_12.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	7855   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ramps_Harvested and Cleaned_4_6_12.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	7856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Single Ramp Cleaned_4_6_12.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	7857  
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:45 am   #2
beastybird
Name: Mary
Southern, Wisconsin usa
milwaukee

Re: Found a whole hillside FULL

great find on the ramps the place you found is like the 2 places I have here in WI ramps everywhere
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:47 pm   #3
MorelMorale
Name: Brad
Central, Michigan USA
Grand Rapids

Re: Found a whole hillside FULL

Thanks Mary! Do you have any special preparations? I use them in every day cooking. I wt vxalso made some chicken stock using them and loved the flavour they imparted. My most recent adventure was to make pickled ramps. They turned out superb.. Not to mention it will extend the season a little longer. If anyone wants the recipe let me know. It is very simple and can be modified to suite you tastes.