Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion 'tis the season
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:43 am   #1
Tammy
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

'tis the season

The holidays are creeping up on us already! With that said, once holiday season is here, the donation portion of this site shuts down.

PLEASE, if you haven't already, consider donating to MI Morels. Even $5 would help Frank and Debbie out, to keep this site up, running, and FREE.

We have 3113 members, of which 54% have made a donation. If each one of the remaining members sent in just $5, we could take the whole financial burden off of their shoulders!!

Thank you, for Frank and Debbie, and for all the rest of the members that enjoy this site! It is truely the best site on the net!!

Life is good!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:39 am   #2
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Re: 'tis the season

Thank you for the donation reminder Tammy. I appreciate it very much.
Always much nicer coming from a member and not myself.

But... I think I may understand now, how a lot of people think I am making money hand over fist from the site. It's a misinterpretation of the percentage shown. Trust me... I'm not even covering costs.

That 54%?

Is 54% of total cost covered...... NOT 54% of members donating. I wish it was the other way. LOL

But no... there has been only 50 members donating so far this year, and THEY & YOU have covered 54% of the costs. And you have no idea how much I appreciate you 50 members who cared enough to donate.

I will see if I can reflect how many members donated along with cost covered. Don't know if I can, but I hope so. It may help the confusion.

Anyway, thank you for the donation reminder post Tammy. I hope you are recovered enough that we can see you guys again in the spring. Our prayers are with you.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:09 pm   #3
Tammy
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

SOOO glad you clarified this, Frank!

NOW, MM FRIENDS...once again, let's all help Frank and Debbie...let's really make it 54% of the members, not 54% of the cost!!!

And Frank, I don't know how much I'll be in the woods next year, but I'm surely going to give it a try!!! Getting better, slowly but surely! Thanks for asking! :)

Life is good!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:48 am   #4
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

I DID IT TAMMY! LOL

Got the number of donations showing, and it actually works. Received a donation yesterday and the member count increased by one. Woo Hoo! LOL Hey.... small things like that, that work tickle me. What can I say?
I didn't think I could do that with this donation system that I am using.

The actual number of members, is less than donations number, because some members donate more than once during the year.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here