Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > New Member Introductions 2013 morel season

Old Apr 5, 2013, 7:37 am   #1
Decimakay
Name: Decimakay
Southern, Michigan USA
Paw paw

Smile 2013 morel season

Hi.... Excited about our upcoming morel season!! Still think we have a couple more weeks here in sw mich for the yellows & grays though. Curious what others think. One thing, i have never been able to locate the black morels, should i be looking now i wonder? Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 7:44 am   #2
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Welcome to the board!

Hello and welcome to the site Decimakay!
Thank you for Joining.

Happy Morel Dreams!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 11:32 am   #3
ShLUbY
Name: Blake
Southern, Michigan USA

Re: 2013 morel season

Welcome to the site! The black morels are probably 2 weeks out or so... and greys and blonds 3 weeks in your area... that is if this warming trend continues the way the forecast says it's going to. If you go to google and type in "2013 morel reports" you will find a progress map withinin the first couple links and you can see where people are locating them at.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:56 pm   #4
esgowen
Name: eric
Central, Michigan USA

Re: 2013 morel season

It's almost like we live in different states I think southern mi must be totally different when it comes to shrooms
I live just north of gr and I find what I believe to be a lot of morels every year and I bet I pick over 200 to 1 blacks over any other I don't know what I would do if I couldn't get the black shrooms I'd be lost with that being said I think by the end of next week ill be getting a few I have a really good early spot that always produces a few but I think it's shaping up to be a first week of may year which I think is good compared to last year it was crazy I already had a couple hundred by this time but last year was not good I barely broke 800 on the season looking forward to getting that many in a day like in 2003 good luck too you all this season can't wait to start seeing some pics