Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Share your Photo's here > Morel & false morel photo's Finally found some in Genesee County
Morel & false morel photo's Morels or False Morels photo's only.

Old May 13, 2013, 11:59 pm   #1
Flint
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Finally found some in Genesee County

I've been watching my dependable spot and, finally, today I have hope already that 2013 will be better than 2012. I'll check on these again tomorrow.

These are under a white pine on a well-drained gravel/sand mound that sits about 6" higher than the surrounding area.

Happy Hunting

:)
Attached Thumbnails - Click for larger view
Click image for larger version

Name:	5-13-13.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	8793  
Old May 15, 2013, 10:18 pm   #2
ShLUbY
Name: Blake
Southern, Michigan USA

Re: Finally found some in Genesee County

those look like they could last a week or longer. nice lookin sprouts! i have some white pine that produces as well.

is yours in the woods or a stand alone pine? I only have one or two spots where i find them with the white pine, and am always wondering the habitat of others
Old May 15, 2013, 10:27 pm   #3
Flint
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Re: Finally found some in Genesee County

I have about an acre in the suburbs with probably 30 mature white pines with lawn area in between. There is a lot of shade and very little grass around the bases of the trees. This is the first time I found them this close to the trunk. In the past they were along the drip line. This is the first time I found any this small - I guess I've been looking harder this year. They didn't change a bit in the last two days, and today was the only day for the next 5-7 when my kids could pick them. So I let my 11 y/o daughter and 13 y/o son pick them today. It was fun because I told the kids that there were morels in the yard but I didn't say where. I knew there were 7. They found 10. Then we looked together for another half hour and found none.

Fun to have kids who are about as excited about this as I am - and they don't even like to eat them!

Do you think they would have gotten much bigger? I'm sure there will be more coming.