Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Share your Photo's here > Miscellaneous Photo's Ted and Cheryl's Michigan Cabin
Miscellaneous Photo's Non-Mushroom photographs of wildlife, kids, pets, fishing, hunting, hobbies & what have you.

Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:59 am   #1
tkcenterline
Name: Ted
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Ted and Cheryl's Michigan Cabin

Hey folks

We just closed on a 1300 sq ft Cedar Cabin locate on Sage lake in Michigan. It is my wife and I's dream come true. It came with all the goodies along with a 22' pontoon boat. We bought it in late oct/nov and have only been there to winterize it. So we are biting on the bit to get there and use it. We bought it from a CEO of Coke a Cola. who was a hunter and fishermen. He built it 13 years ago when he retired. What a beautiful place bucking up to the Great Huron Forest and Rifle River State Park. I can't wait to go fishing and mushroom hunting. We just love the area in the short time we stayed there and look around. Took a ride to Lake Huron near Tawas bay. Wow what a view!! They were catching perch galore right off the dock too. Take a peek of the pictures and please let me know some good fishing and mushroom spots for a taste. Thanks to God and Thank you all to.
Ted
Attached Thumbnails - Click for larger view
Click image for larger version

Name:	North View with wrap around porch.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	9210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Porch View.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	9211   Click image for larger version

Name:	dock.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	9212   Click image for larger version

Name:	House View from Path.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	9213   Click image for larger version

Name:	din & liv room areas.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	9214  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Path to Dock.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	9215  

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted
Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:11 pm   #2
BikerDude
Enhanced Membership
Name: Jim
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Re: Ted and Cheryl's Michigan Cabin

Wow!
Looks great Ted! I would be chomping at the bit also. I'm sure you'll love the area. I worked up there a couple years ago, and met a ton of the nicest folks you'll ever meet. So much to see & do within a short drive. You'll be busy taking it all in!
Congrats! A beautiful place. :-)

BikerDude.

Be Yourself. (Everyone else is taken!)
Old Mar 30, 2014, 5:49 am   #3
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Congrats Ted. I'm happy for you to obtain my dream home. LOL

Now maybe we'll finally meet at the spring dinner. Would love to meet you in person. You're quite a force in this world.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:50 am   #4
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Smile Re: Ted and Cheryl's Michigan Cabin

We are just so happy about the purchase. Yes we have made a plan to come up May 10th our anniversary is on the 11th. So it will be a two for one deal. LOL I am hoping to get in some mush-a-room hunting in also. We may only have 4 days. But that is part of the discovery!! Thanks Frank for the kind words!! Looking forward to many great times and years to come cking out Michigan. . I good place to start is on my own lake, Sage Lake. Anyone know more about Sage and what am I to expect?? It is all a first for us.

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:31 am   #5
Justapickin
Name: Gary
Northern, Michigan USA

Very nice place Ted....I know you will enjoy it being on the lake and close to the RRRA.....
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:12 pm   #6
chigger
Enhanced Membership
Name: Sharon
Southern, Michigan usa
Centreville

Beautiful. Congratulations!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:27 am   #7
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

I was just talking to my neighbor, who lives there all year round, told me that there is a famous mushroom spot that is just 5 minutes from where my cabin is located. The name of the spot starts with M? (I wasn't able to write it down at the time). He said that he will show me some of his spots, when I come up. He doesn't go out as much as he use to. But still likes a taste at times.

Yes the Rifle River State ParK is about 15 minutes from us. How is the fishing up around us. I heard it is awesome for Smallmouths Bass, Crappies, Panfish and Walleyes. I was told the Great Lake Huron is awesome for huge perch, bass and salmon. I am a 1/2 hour away from Tawas Bay and Saginaw Bay!! Please let me know if you have fished the area, know of some good spot, fished some of the lakes, know some not so good spots too and can give me some pointers and any other Information. Its our first time. Also I am wanting to do some Metal Detecting.

PS I just want to say thanks to all of the great people that I have talked to and met over the years on this website about Michigan. It was the main reason why my wife and I have pick living in this area.

Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:25 am   #8
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

I don't believe you will ever regret moving up there Ted.
Much more laid back than the busy big city.
And of course, solitude is just a short distance away when you need it.

I'm happy for you and your wife.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:58 pm   #9
sanilacshroomer
Name: paul
Central, Michigan usa
sanilac co.

Fished Saginaw bay for years. The walleye fishing is great on both sides of the Bay.