Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion Anyone have an Old Michigan License Plate?
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:11 am   #1
srashley
Name: Scott
Northern, Ohio USA
Delta

Wink Anyone have an Old Michigan License Plate?

Anyone have one with which they wouldn't mind parting? I am so tired of heading to Northern Michigan to look for mushrooms with Ohio plates! Even though I own property in Michigan, I live in Ohio. I only live 10 miles from Michiigan. Those people 10 miles away from me still drive 200 miles north to look for mushrooms. But since they have a Michigan plate and I don't, I am not received well.

So, if I had a Michigan plate, I would drive north with my Ohio plates, park, and use then Michigan plate. I could just use some heavy magnets and after I legally drive and park, I'd stick the Michigan plate on the back and my Purdue plate on the front. Nobody would be the wiser, and I'd get a much better welcome!

Any willing co-conspirators out there who are willing to help?
Old May 1, 2015, 10:25 pm   #2
JonDaHighlander
Name: jon
Southern, Michigan USA
Fenton

Re: Anyone have an Old Michigan License Plate

You helped me out.... I help you out. I'll give ya one. Only bad rep out of staters get from me is that they are the only ones I ever catch trespassing on private land that only I have permission to hunt. Not bashing peeps cuz I gave quite a few out of stAte buddies that hunt in Michigan.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:30 am   #3
srashley
Name: Scott
Northern, Ohio USA
Delta

That's the thing I have one place on private land that I have had permission to hunt for 20 yrs. But if the owner doesn't happen to be there at the time, locals put notes on my windows and such. It,s just frustrating.

I understand. I grew up in Angola, Indiana where there are 101 lakes n the county. In the summer our population triples. I hated an OH plate; so much that I hated having to move t Ohio and have to get one! But we still treated them well. And most people up north do too.

If I see them I the woods they are nice. So, I thought I might park on public land and walk a half mile up the road to head in the back way. It's just the point that I have to when I have permission. Also, because of my TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury), it sets me back for a couple days. Last time I sobbed uncontrollably for an hour before I got control of it. It's a obtain injury thing, but I like to avoid it.

I,m not gonna mess with the plate. It was just a joke. But I thought it was cle over and wanted o share.
Old May 2, 2015, 1:32 pm   #4
JonDaHighlander
Name: jon
Southern, Michigan USA
Fenton

Lol. No problem