Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Share your Photo's here > Miscellaneous Photo's Maltby Hills First Time in the Woods
Miscellaneous Photo's Non-Mushroom photographs of wildlife, kids, pets, fishing, hunting, hobbies & what have you.

Old May 4, 2017, 6:17 pm   #1
tkcenterline
Name: Ted
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Maltby Hills First Time in the Woods

Well I had a great day. I was out in the Maltby Hills Area of the Great Huron National Forest. No luck on the morels. But I did come across a deer carcass that was completely gone except for the bones and fur. I also came across some watering holes. I cant believe how big these woods are. My cabin is within approximately 15 minutes from where I was at. Since, this was my first time in this forest, I did not want to go to far out and get lost. So I stayed in sight of my truck. What a beautiful area.

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted
Old May 4, 2017, 7:11 pm   #2
Lew89
Name: Jonathan
Central, Michigan USA
Howell & West Branch

Re: Maltby Hills First Time in the Woods

Ted,
They should be up in the Maltby. I pulled over 400 Blacks out of Ogemaw County last weekend. Good full sized ones. I will email you an area to have a look at. I don't think I'll be able to get in and look around there this year, maybe later for some possible Yellows. Still trying to get a handle on the Yellows.
Jon-Also a Sage Laker
Old May 10, 2017, 11:14 pm   #3
tkcenterline
Name: Ted
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Thanks for any help i can get. I also been in many of the woods around where i live and not one so far tuff year for me so far.

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted
Old May 17, 2017, 10:26 pm   #4
Jochs
Name: Jeff
Southern, Michigan USA
Benton Harbor

Where are the photos?
This is a photo posting forum.

Jeff O.