Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion The 1st political thread!
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:58 am   #1
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

The 1st political thread!

Years ago I started a political forum, hoping to promote dialogs of "why" to see things a different way.
That forum didn't work out. It only resulted in unbased flaming hate speech, without any efforts to explain facts, or why, they believed in a certain way.

I only started that forum for my mother, (alive at the time)
who wanted to help heal our country.

I wish I had never made that forum! It saddened my Mom.

Such hate spewed forth without facts. I can't recall a single post of informative facts and ideas, and why we may want to revise our thinking on some items. I really wanted a dialog of of ideas, and why they were supported, and so did she.

But I am going to try it again, but in only ONE thread, instead of a full forum. We'll see how it goes.

I can be turned from one view to another, if the facts are explained, and showed to me to be true. But someone has to explain the why's and wherefore's to me, in order for that to happen. And it is most successful, if presented in a friendly way.

In my life, I've voted both Democrat and Republican, depending on the facts I had available.

So...PLEASE, try to state your views in an amicable way, and give facts to back them up, if possible. But at least, be friendly to others.

This video link will explain mostly what I am trying to say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-efDfiE9ozE

Don't let the title of the video, turn you off.
It is very misleading!

What I got from that video was dialog between people, and our country's people voices being heard by our elected officials. And not to just rely on elected officials, to do right thing on their own agenda's.

What's your take?

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:35 pm   #2
big amish
Enhanced Membership
Name: jeff
Northern, Indiana usa
south bend

Re: The 1st political thread!

Very good speech from Trey Gowdy. I have been trying to convey this same message to my left wing friends and my far right family members. With all the shouting and insults in media and politics, much of America tunes out because they just don't want to hear it. We do need to think about what we all stand for and why we stand for it. This political thread is a good idea as long as we can check the hate and insults at the door.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:16 pm   #3
Pat
Name: pat
Northern, Michigan usa
Traverse City

Re: The 1st political thread!

I think of myself as happily independent. I'm a nurturing kind of person, so I tend to want living things to thrive in one way or another. It makes me sad to see people I know and like spewing hateful things toward others. I just try to live my life, being true to my beliefs. I don't understand why people got so rude and judgemental. Just because viewpoints may be different doesn't mean the other person is wrong, bad or a scourge upon the earth.