Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > What a Joke! Tall Tales
What a Joke! Post are moderated. Please keep it family clean.

Old May 6, 2004, 12:09 am   #1
Justapickin
Name: Gary
Northern, Michigan USA

I found the spot and you are right,there are some big ones in there...
Old May 6, 2004, 11:15 am   #2
Justapickin
Northern, Michigan USA

Huntndaddy-BadByte, I actually followed you in a helicoptor with my pet pot bellied mushroom sniffing pig "Rumor" (get it?) and after you left we landed the coptor in the spot where the old barn once stood.

When we got out of the whirlly bird the smell of all of those morels was just too much for Rumor and the little guy passed right out. What do I do now? Go picking or revive the porker?

After putting the chain saw away from cutting those big ones and loading them up in a cargo net with the pig, I took him to the vets . The doctor told me that Rumors olfactory system had shut completly down and he suffered from (smell shock) and would no longer be good for sniffing mushrooms any more. So it looks like ham for Memorial Day weekend and bacon for breakfast.

I'll probably sell a few of those huge shrooms to get myself another pig........Oh did I mention how well morels and ham go together..............Gary
Old May 8, 2004, 9:54 pm   #3
Justapickin
Northern, Michigan USA

Yeah, I've been checking around for another pet to replace good ol' Rumor.He was the best tasting,I mean best pig I ever had.I was on the internet for hours looking around and finally decided on a pelican.Why a pelican you ask?They have great eye sight,gets tired of walking and can fly to the car,has a built in carrying bag for morels,sharp beak for picking delicate fungus,one of the few birds that can smell and they look cool on a leash when you walk them in town.Who knows it might be a chick magnet. .Now I just have to pick out a name for it when it arrives......???????
Old May 9, 2004, 12:24 am   #4
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Another Thread that got me to laughing.

I see we have some very talented story tellers on here. We got together this evening with a few friends around a campfire. I was telling them some of your stories.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old May 9, 2004, 1:07 am   #5
Ohio Transplant
Name: Rex
Southern, Ontario CA

Hay BYTE!!! Shaddup!!! LOL.......just kidding!! Your posts get me to chuckling here
Old May 9, 2004, 10:21 am   #6
Justapickin
Northern, Michigan USA

BadByte,I know what you mean about wearing out our welcome or boring anyone on this site.This is a nice homey,warm place to come to not like a couple of the big sites I go to that are kind of cold at times.I think it's because this site is specific to one thing were as the others cover 50 topics.Byyyyyyy the way you would NOT have won that talking contes if I had not have been busy that weekend...
Old May 10, 2004, 9:16 am   #7
Justapickin
Northern, Michigan USA

Seen an haggered old guy come out of the woods this morning stating he had been left behind by his shroom hunting buddy.He kept mummbling about giant morels,a dead pig,a chain saw and aliens.Well after seeing the bottle of Mad Dog in his back pocket,I tought it was the wine talking.After hearing about the Sport track being stuck,I knew the story was true because everyone knows about Chevys.He said he was hungry but could'nt get the hornets,yellow jackets,badgers,cyotes and rattle snakes away from the dead pig so he could get him a snack.I dropped him off at the Cruddy Slipper Resturant,were he planned on having a pork brain,scambled eggs,grape jam on raisin bread sandwich.The last thing he said as I pulled away was something about revenge!!!!!!
Old May 12, 2004, 9:41 pm   #8
miker
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Last post was great BadByte, yes and teach them well, the true meaning of the forest, how to respect,honor and behave in it, not something we trash,abuse and ignore. miker
p.s the other posts were hilarious also, laughed so hard, my ankle hurt.miker

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old May 13, 2004, 1:21 pm   #9
Deerslayer
Northern, Michigan usa

badbyte
tell us a story about used car salesmen and morels...plzzzzzzzz
ds
Old May 13, 2004, 9:12 pm   #10
Deerslayer