Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Need some prayers here....

Old May 13, 2004, 12:08 pm   #1
DGBAY
Name: Deborah
Northern, Indiana USA

Need some prayers here....

This is an unusual prayer request, but I believe God is here for us for sickness, as well as all the other needs in our lives, as I know all of you believe, as well.....
Here's the situation we are facing: We bought the property we live at in Dec. of 1997...beautiful country living..with 3 acres..and a decent 3 bedroom ranch....and we have really enjoyed living here! It's been perrrrfect...up until a week or so ago. We found out that a local Landfill has bought the acreage to the North and back behind us to the East of us. So, this is not good....in time there is going to be a "DUMP" site....right behind us! Gotta move, for sure....can't live here with a dump at our back door......
So, we need prayers that the landfill will give us a "decent price" on our home, since obviously no one else is going to want to buy a home that overlooks a yecky dump out their back door.
WE ARE JUST HEART BROKEN! I know you will all pray and it will all work out in the end. (just needed to share this with all of you, as I know you will take this to heart and pray for our situation)
You guys are a great bunch here at Michiganmorels!!!
Old May 13, 2004, 2:23 pm   #2
lindamay
Name: linda
Southern, Indiana USA

Oh DG I sure hope it all turns out good for you. I will send my prayers to you. I also believe in praying for other things.It is good for the mine to know that you can always to GOD no matter what.
Lindamay
Old May 13, 2004, 7:53 pm   #3
Ohio Transplant
Name: Rex
Southern, Ontario CA

DG, I am sorry to hear about this recent situation. I was picturing it actually. Truly sad. Hopefully they won't try some eminent domain maneuvers on you folks. Best of wishes in this and our continued prayers for ALL of our Morel'ers......
Old May 13, 2004, 11:48 pm   #4
miker
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

DGB and MM, you 2 ladies must be the descendants of JOB, as the trials of faith, are placed before you so often, and yet you hold fast to your faith, may the poem "footsteps in the sand", be your guiding light, as the Saviour walks with you"s, and his Holy Father listens to his "children when they cry up to Heaven, in their time of great need", God bless you two, you show the meaning of faith in your every waking hour. You 2 ladies inspire my faith, thank you my friends, your friend miker

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old May 13, 2004, 11:54 pm   #5
Happy Trails
Name: George
Southern, Michigan USA

DGBAY,

I can't express my feelings any better than has already been said. I'll have you "guys" front and center in my prayers. May God bless this unfortunate situation.

George

Eat Dessert First, Life Is Short!
Old May 14, 2004, 6:44 am   #6
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

As I told you last weekend Deb, you will just have to hold that dump place hostage and get a great price on your home. Then you will be able to move further North! You are in my prayers.

Debbie

Happy Morel Dreams!
Old May 14, 2004, 6:34 pm   #7
morelmaniac
Name: Gina
Northern, Indiana USA

Mom does need this prayer anwsered. She is feeling overwhelmed by numerous things. It is hard, Miker, to feel so strong when we get so much put on us. The dump is really in her back yard, and yes, I have a feeling OT that may try to pull something on them. They are a great bunch of stinky people. They need to wise up and relize that others around them do not want to smell and worry about them daily! I am praying for you and dad. I believe that with moving my baby brother to Florida, and now this on top of other unrelated situations that you and dad are facing, God will see you through. My prayer for you will be that not only does he give you some anwsers to the current situation, but also that he lighten dad's work load, by helping people determine the right anwsers for your own situation.
We can go to bed feeling hopeless and worn out, thinking, I can not go on. But somehow a good nights sleep renews us and we wake up with faith again, thinking, Maybe today my breakthrough will come, and I will get an anwser; I can make it one more day. "Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring." Psalm 27:14
I love you, mom!
Old May 14, 2004, 6:34 pm   #8
Judy
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

Deb and Jim.
So sorry to hear of the latest trial. You are such wonderful folks and I wish and pray the best comes of this.
Hey, just maybe you could move further North. I am so itching to go picking up there NOW with all the good reports I am reading. Have a nice pic of you and Jim a singing and Jim and Brittaney(all snuggled up) that I will leave with Debbie when I am up that way. Judy
PS Thanks sooooo much for the photos you gave us.
Old May 15, 2004, 10:31 am   #9
DGBAY
Name: Deborah
Northern, Indiana USA

Thank you all for your responses! Makes me feel so good knowing I have my friends praying about this matter. And I know that "All things work to the good for those that love the Lord"....and we most certainly do "love the Lord"! So, we're just gonna' accept whatever happens and make the best of it....and then someday look back...and "know" that it actually "did" turn out "to the good" for us....
Thanks again, guys!
Old May 16, 2004, 11:49 am   #10
charlie
A Good Friend
09-25-1945 -- 05-22-2010
Name: Charlie
Southern, Michigan USA
Ionia Co.

DG, I'm also praying that everything works out for you. Seems you have been thru so much lately, I think it's time for you to have a lucky break. Good Luck & God Bless!

....Charlie