Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Heart/lung located

Old Jul 19, 2004, 1:32 pm   #1
FlaShroomer
Name: Thomas
Central, Florida USA
Sarasota

Heart/lung located

Noon 7/19 a heart lung was made available in FL.

Please pray.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 1:40 pm   #2
shroom vaccuum
Name: Sue
Northern, Michigan usa
rc

All thoughts and prayers are with you and yours till we hear from you again.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 2:15 pm   #3
Happy Trails
Name: George
Southern, Michigan USA

May God's hand guide the surgeon. I'm assuming the heart/lung transplant is under way, as I understand when a match becomes available time is of the essence. Prayers are being given for Darren and the family.

George

Eat Dessert First, Life Is Short!
Old Jul 20, 2004, 12:16 am   #4
Judy
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Judy
Old Jul 20, 2004, 1:15 am   #5
morelmaniac
Name: Gina
Northern, Indiana USA

Praise be to God in the highest for everything he has done and everything he will do. May God continue to bless Darren, Flash & Family. My prayers are continuing that things go good for him. Hope to hear updates soon!
Your Friend,
MM
Old Jul 20, 2004, 2:59 am   #6
Name: Steven
Northern, Michigan U.S.A.
Maple City-Eastlake

Thomas, That AWESOME news for Darren and the fact that some one has given him a chance to live. I'll say a prayer for that someones family. This morning I had to go to Ludington and on the way stopped by a creek on the back roads. I don't know why but Darren came to mind so I started to pray. When I seen your post on Darrens progress I got the chills and it just confirms the power of prayer. I'll keep them comming, for Darren has along road ahead of him. Take care my friend. steve
Old Jul 20, 2004, 9:12 am   #7
FlaShroomer
Central, Florida USA
Sarasota

You all are great and I know I can count on you to hang in there with us.

After they had done Darren's first full-body scrub in preparation, they did one final test of the lungs from the donor and it was determined at that time that the donor lungs were not of a high enough quality to proceed.

So no transplant was done. This of course was a letdown to all, esp. Darren, but everyone was also thankful that he had not been given a problem set of new lungs.

I spent all day with them and was able to learn that the exact problem area with his current lungs are the arteries that feed the lungs. Our prayers are for healing of those arteries so that he can accept only a heart transplant. They will look at this again in the next week or so and I will keep you posted.

You know how much it means to have prayer in times like this, we can't thank you enough. Thomas
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:07 am   #8
DGBAY
Name: Deborah
Northern, Indiana USA

I can only imagine the anticipation when you rec'd the news of a lung available, and how excited you all must have been to have been so close to having the transplant, but what a "blessing" it was that the doctors did one final test. There's a reason for everything that happens, and we'll pray that it's because a healing of Darren's arteries is already underway, and he will only have to accept a heart transplant.

My continued prayers.....
Old Jul 23, 2004, 8:20 pm   #9
FlaShroomer
Central, Florida USA
Sarasota

Today was another eventful day. It began with a heart catheratization this morning to determine if the arteries to the lungs were improving.

While my sister (Darren's mom) was on the phone telling me about the preliminary results, everyone was rushed from the room as Darren's heart began to fail, specifically the left ventricle was shutting down. (it's just worn out from overwork).

They did a lot of work as well as give him a $10,000 injection and they were able to stabilize him.

Tonigh the chief department surgeon told them they he thought they could see their way to doing a heart-only transplant (PTL) if they can find the "right" heart; one with an extra-strong muscle on the side that pumps to the lungs.

I told my brother-in-law that God knows exactly what Darren needs and can supply just such a heart.

Thank you all for your continued prayers.

Thomas
Old Jul 23, 2004, 8:32 pm   #10
Morelly Challenged
Name: Chris
Southern, Ohio USA

My prayers go out to all involved.

Also please remember in prayer the person who's life ended to make the transplant possible.