Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests request

Old Oct 6, 2004, 1:25 pm   #1
Ohio Transplant
Name: Rex
Southern, Ontario CA

request

I struggled for the past few days about mentioning this here, but realized that you all would probably be more upset with me for not mentioning it, than you will be when you read this:

My wife and I have a very good friend that lives in Pennsylvania. She has struggled for alot of years to make ends meet and get on her feet after a bad divorce. Well, about 5 years ago she met the man of her dreams. They were married and you couldn't of asked for a happier couple. Things were finally shaping up for our friend and her children. Well, about 2 weeks ago, she learned that the husband she loved, her best friend, her partner, has been molesting her daughter. She is very distraught, missing her husband, but loathing the monster within.
He's in jail now and is facing an array of charges that should keep him where he is for a long time, if he lives that long.
We are just sick over this as she now has all of her prior struggles back plus this new knowledge. I would ask for you all to please include her and her children in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2004, 5:34 pm   #2
Judy
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

Rex, I too will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers. The young gal will probably need a lot of help and support. I am glad you shared. Judy
Old Oct 6, 2004, 8:11 pm   #3
shroom vaccuum
Name: Sue
Northern, Michigan usa
rc

How tragic! My thoughts are with them always. Mom and child are both going to need alot of support. Prayers are forthcoming!
Old Oct 6, 2004, 9:10 pm   #4
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Those poor people. That is dreadful to go through, just thinking it through, let alone living it. What a nightmare for them both. They will be in our prayers.

Debbie and Frank

Happy Morel Dreams!
Old Oct 7, 2004, 1:34 am   #5
miker
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Rex sad to hear, sad part of today's sick and depraved society, got em covered on my end my friend, your friend miker

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old Oct 10, 2004, 9:00 pm   #6
DGBAY
Name: Deborah
Northern, Indiana USA

Boy....that's got to be so difficult for the mother to find out...and it's so heartbreaking to hear that the little girl had to go through this....I sure feel awful for both of them. My prayers go out to them........

It's so good of you, OT, to bring this forward so we can lift them up in prayer.....
Old Oct 10, 2004, 11:28 pm   #7
Ohio Transplant
Name: Rex
Southern, Ontario CA

Thats why i did it DG. I knew you all would do just that. Thanks alot.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 4:47 pm   #8
charlie
A Good Friend
09-25-1945 -- 05-22-2010
Name: Charlie
Southern, Michigan USA
Ionia Co.

OT, My thoughts & prayers might be a little late but she & her children have them. God Bless!
Old Oct 11, 2004, 4:53 pm   #9
steo
Name: Dave
Southern, Ohio usa

Rex, I too am a little late on this one. I don't check this part of the board very often because the same thing happens every time. Tears rolling down my face is not something I enjoy. This is a sad situation but it also raises some anger with in me. I hope your friends little girl will not carry this around her whole life. For the guy in jail, I've heard that once the other inmates find out what he's in for his days are numbered.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 3:07 pm   #10
Tammy
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

Prayers said here, as well, OT. Such a sad situation for that gal and her family. Hopefully, with prayers answered, they will all heal.

My neighbors best friend is going through a similar situation...she walked in and found her husband of 17 years molesting their adopted 6 year old daughter.

Just breaks my heart for all of these children, and their mothers...someone so trusted, to violate and tear apart the very foundation of their lives, leaving the mothers to pick up the shattered pieces of the little ones' lives...and the confusion they all must feel.

Again, prayers for that family from this end...

Life is good!